Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To SW or not to SW...

tag
NavyLifter
Valued Member

To SW or not to SW...

I recently signed up for the 30-day free trial offer of ScoreWatch.  I was intending to renew it monthly after, but with all of the problems that I have heard being reported with ScoreWatch I am not quite sure.  A couple questions:

I accidentally pulled my second Report through SW the next day and have none left.  Would I get two additional ones if I decided to continue after the trial ends, or would I have to wait until the yearly anniversary in November of '09?  I'm not sure how or why I did that, but it was a mistake on my part.

I did not realize there were promo codes to be used on FICO products.   Will I be able to enter the promo code once the 30 days is up and the billing begins, or am I going to need to cancel and then start it up again with entering the promo code?

Finally, it seems like there were a lot of system issues with ScoreWatch not sending out score updates and notices, especially during this summer.  How is the reliability now? 

Any other comments and advice would be greatly appreciated!

FICOs (4/7/09): TU-749 (WOW!); EQ-698; EX-?

FICOs (as of 11/1/08): TU-690, EQ-678, EX-646

FICOs (3/13/09): TU-698; EQ-696; EX-662
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
NavyLifter
Valued Member

Re: To SW or not to SW...

Bump

Message 2 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

NavyLifter wrote:

I recently signed up for the 30-day free trial offer of ScoreWatch.  I was intending to renew it monthly after, but with all of the problems that I have heard being reported with ScoreWatch I am not quite sure.  A couple questions:

I accidentally pulled my second Report through SW the next day and have none left.  Would I get two additional ones if I decided to continue after the trial ends, or would I have to wait until the yearly anniversary in November of '09?  I'm not sure how or why I did that, but it was a mistake on my part.

I did not realize there were promo codes to be used on FICO products.   Will I be able to enter the promo code once the 30 days is up and the billing begins, or am I going to need to cancel and then start it up again with entering the promo code?

Finally, it seems like there were a lot of system issues with ScoreWatch not sending out score updates and notices, especially during this summer.  How is the reliability now? 

Hi NavyLifter!....Welcome to the Forums!

1. Normally you would not receive any more than the two initial reports after converting from the free trial to the annual subscription, but we've added a couple of reports to your subscription at no charge. They will be available for one year after your 30 day trial ends.

2. You can only use a promo code for Score Watch if you go for the monthly payment plan.

3. After making some changes a few months ago, the Score Watch alerting system has become much more reliable.

Hope that helps. Always feel free to contact myFICO Customer Support with any questions about any myFICO product.
Message 3 of 9
NavyLifter
Valued Member

Thanks for the response Barry and the additional reports!  For now, I do plan on going on the monthly subscription plan with the promo code.  I'll give it 3-4 months and see how things go; I'd definitely like to keep it as long as it does what it promises to.

Once again, thanks.

Message 4 of 9
Dallasgirl
Valued Member

@Barry wrote:

@NavyLifter wrote:

Hi NavyLifter!....Welcome to the Forums!

1. Normally you would not receive any more than the two initial reports after converting from the free trial to the annual subscription, but we've added a couple of reports to your subscription at no charge. They will be available for one year after your 30 day trial ends.

2. You can only use a promo code for Score Watch if you go for the monthly payment plan.

3. After making some changes a few months ago, the Score Watch alerting system has become much more reliable.

Hope that helps. Always feel free to contact myFICO Customer Support with any questions about any myFICO product.

Hi, Barry.  I seem to be in the same boat as NavyLifter. 

I was interested in finding out my FICO scores, so I did a Google search and came across this site and signed up on Dec. 19 for the free 30-day Score Watch.  For some reason, I thought that since it was a 30-day free trial, that I would be able to pull my FICO score every day to check my score so I promptly pulled it again the next morning not realizing that I had used my last free pull (I know, I should've paid more attention to the offer details). 

Anyhow, since Dec. 19, I have spent virtually all my free time reading the FICO forums and it didn't take long to figure out that the two free pulls people referred to were part of the 30-day promo.  I also didn't realize that there were promo codes out there that we could use.  Since this is the only site that offers true FICO scores, I will be signing up with you guys.  In the meantime, would it be possible to get one free score pull for the one I accidently squandered away? 

And, by the way, I really love this forum!  So much awesome information on here!  Thanks, d~

Photobucket
Message 5 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Dallasgirl wrote:

Hi, Barry.  I seem to be in the same boat as NavyLifter. 

I was interested in finding out my FICO scores, so I did a Google search and came across this site and signed up on Dec. 19 for the free 30-day Score Watch.  For some reason, I thought that since it was a 30-day free trial, that I would be able to pull my FICO score every day to check my score so I promptly pulled it again the next morning not realizing that I had used my last free pull (I know, I should've paid more attention to the offer details). 

Anyhow, since Dec. 19, I have spent virtually all my free time reading the FICO forums and it didn't take long to figure out that the two free pulls people referred to were part of the 30-day promo.  I also didn't realize that there were promo codes out there that we could use.  Since this is the only site that offers true FICO scores, I will be signing up with you guys.  In the meantime, would it be possible to get one free score pull for the one I accidently squandered away? Not a problem, Dallasgirl...An additional free Equifax report has been added to your Score Watch subscription. -- Barry  Smiley Happy

And, by the way, I really love this forum!  So much awesome information on here!  Thanks, d~

Message 6 of 9
Dallasgirl
Valued Member

You are awesome!  Thanks, Barry!
Photobucket
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Barry, 

I am in same boat as navylifter and dallasgirl. I used the free 2 credit reports within like first week on my free trial. From my first impression, I though I would get 2 more after the free trail. But I realized I was wrong after I went through the forum. 

v/r, 

Message 8 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

bowline172 wrote:

Hey Barry, 

I am in same boat as navylifter and dallasgirl. I used the free 2 credit reports within like first week on my free trial. From my first impression, I though I would get 2 more after the free trail. But I realized I was wrong after I went through the forum. 

v/r, 

How about sending me a PM after your subscription converts from free trial to paid subscription later this month. Then I'll see that you get a couple of free reports. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.