Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion broken?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion broken?

So, I just updated by FICO EQ and TU scores.  Good news.  Both have gone up.

But, the comments with the TU score are fishy.  At 732, I had the following comments:

Hurting score:  1. Accounts with balances; 2. High credit usage.

Helping score: 1. No missed payments; 2. Long credit history; 3. Not seeking credit.

Today's score was 743 - an 11 point bump brought about by paying down some balances.

Now, I have only items listed that are hurting my score.  1. Heavy use of revolving credit; 2.  Accounts with balances; 3. Too many accounts; 4. Amount owed too high.

No positives?  Even though all three of the items from the previous score still apply?  Even though the score went up?

Weird, no?  

Could this be a rebucketing into a lower utilization group where having a perfect payment history (and a long history) don't count for much anymore?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: TransUnion broken?

You purchased your TU scores using the myFICO.com/12.  With this product you get more negative reasons (up to 4) for scores over 650 than with the regular myFICO score, but no positives.  The scoring formula used for both products are exactly the same, tho. 

Other differences are the myFICO.com/12 reasons (Understanding Your Score) don't include specific information pertaining to your score, i.e. total $ amount owing, # of inquires, etc.; and there's no score simulator.

Why?  It's a long story...  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.