cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Quarterly Monitoring glitch..

tag
Regular Contributor

Transunion Quarterly Monitoring glitch..

I have had the quarterly monitoring for a few month and just discovered a glitch that is a little disturbing.

I applied for a AMX BCP on 4/18 thru my AMX Gold card I have been waiting for Transunion to send me an alert about the new account so after 2 weeks from the statement date for the BCP and no alert I paid for a new TU report and the "new" account is on there.

I understand that with AMX backdating that the BCP account is not technically new, but it bothers me to know that someone got get a hold of my AMX information and apply for a new card with them and get the card and I would never know it,  the same thing happened with EQ no alert of a new account but I did get an alert that my score had dropped, see below.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/New-AMX-BCP-reported/td-p/1426868

My AAoA has not changed since the "new" AMX BCP account showed up with 23 years of backdating.

Any thoughts?

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Transunion Quarterly Monitoring glitch..

myFICO TU service is not a credit monitoring service at all.  It doesn't alert for anything except if you change your name or address.  Thats all that the myFICO people thought it should do.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 6
Regular Contributor

So why is it when you login its all about ID Theft....in my opinion this issue would be a easy way to grab an account and have fun with it.

They say to check your monitors, IE :

Welcome to FICO® Quarterly Monitoring

This is the easiest way to manage, monitor and protect your identity and your credit health.

How does FICO® Quarterly Monitoring work?
Step 1:
Learn about your FICO® score

Your FICO® score is  

This is an excellent credit score

Step 2:
Examine your credit report for signs of ID theft
Step 3:
Check for any ID theft alerts

Learn about ID theft alerts

Step 4:
Monitor your credit activity

Learn about credit monitors

Step 5:
Learn what to do if someone steals your ID
To me thats more than name change and address problems.

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 3 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Well.  It pulls the TU report 4 times a year and can give you an update with new accounts and balances and other stuff at those times.  As far as weekly updates though, I think it is only looking for name and address changes.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 6
2NE1
Established Contributor

Are you saying that TU Quarterly Monitoring doesn't work the same way as EQ Scorewatch does? Smiley Indifferent
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@2NE1 wrote:
Are you saying that TU Quarterly Monitoring doesn't work the same way as EQ Scorewatch does? Smiley Indifferent

TUQM is basically a pre-paid plan to get 4 reports quarterly at a reduced price, with 20% off all future TU FICO reports in the interim if you so choose. YOu don't get any credit or score alerts like you do with SW.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.