Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed in ScoreWatch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very disappointed in ScoreWatch

I purchased ScoreWatch, thinking that it would provide me with something more than it does.

I last acquired a Score Power report on 4/16. On 4/19 I was informed by Equifax that a recent derogatory account was removed from my report in response to a dispute (and I can confirm this via the Equifax site).

So, I wait for the ScoreWatch update, indicating what I'm sure will be a different score, at least by a little. And I wait. And I wait. It's now 13 days since my last report and 10 days since I know that an almost-certainly-score-altering change occurred.

Meanwhile, the statement date (which is usually the reporting date) for one of my credit cards has come and gone, with a higher balance this month than last month. As I understand it, that should have triggered an alert by itself.

Yet, I have received nothing.

I've paid good money for this service, believing that it would give me daily score updates, but it seems to be nearly useless. I am disappointed.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very disappointed in ScoreWatch

have you tried adjusting your notification settings? 7 days after you sign up it e-mailed you with that option....at least it did for me but there can be delay of your payee updating, and credit bureau receiving, too
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Believe me, I've tweaked the settings to be very sensitive, and I go back and check every couple of weeks, just in case I've missed something. It doesn't help.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the EXACT same problem. It is NOTHING with my settings. I had a free service with another credit alert and got my equifax alert from them, NOT fico. I called to voice my concern and they give me a run around everytime. Tonight I finally told them I want to cancel it and the representative said I couldnt. I had to keep it for 3 months.

Anytime I have called them I find them so unhelpful.

They truely have the worst customer service represtatives around.

So, now I am stuck with a score watch that is not sending me alerts although my settings are NOT the problem!
Message 4 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

It is not particularly fast but it does have its uses for some of us.

And you get two free scorepower reports!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.