Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste of Money

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waste of Money

Is Scorewatch just a complete waste of money?  I have my settings set to alert me whenever my score changes.  I hadpaid down over 50% of my utlization and got alerts a couple of times.  Now I am down to between and 6-8% and should have gotten an alert, but didn't.  I had one free score power left so I used it yesterday and sure enough my score was up 20 points.   All I really cared about was the score and I should have gotten that free instead of wasting my last free score power.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Waste of Money

I've had it two or three times here and over at EQ. I'm dumping it before the renewal on the 20th. Much cheaper to just go buy the full FICO every two months if you want a peek that often using the discount codes.
Message 2 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Change your target score to your current score and repeat as your score changes for the most alerts.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me and when I called EQ they told me to turn off all the alerts and target score for best results. It is still the same though. Slow to go up and fast to go down.
Message 4 of 8
MandyLee
Established Member

Same thing here....majorly p.o.ed.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

SmartCookie is right.  Each time you get an Alert, change your Target Score to the new score from your Alert.  Be sure to click SET.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

THIS PRODUCT IS A WASTE OF MONEY FOR ME!!!

Score Watch.

How much is Suze Orman getting paid from MyFICO?

Message Edited by BRICKCITY on 01-27-2008 01:44 PM
Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Suze has no relationship with Scorewatch. Smiley Happy

I have no idea what their business relationship is, and I'm not a huge Suze fan, either.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.