cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What product do I purchase to monitor all three scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What product do I purchase to monitor all three scores?

I would like to monitor all three credit reports. Which product should I purchase to monitor all three?
I am still under my 30 day trial and would like to continue using this service.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What product do I purchase to monitor all three scores?

Hi Kelly - Welcome! There is no monitoring service for all three FICO scores. Beware of any service that says otherwise. They might say you can monitor all three scores.. which is true.. however, the "scores" they are referring to are called FAKOs. You can only get your actual scores from myfico.com. And myfico.com only offers monitoring for EQ (Scorewatch).

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

KELLYMC108,

If you're only interesting in monitoring your CRs, then each of the Big Three (and a myriad of others) offer credit monitoring services. You get scores with them, but they are FAKOs--IOW, Vantage or some other scoring model.

I use TransUnion's TrueCredit, and using the Walmart link it's $11.21 a month. Cheapest one I know of.
https://www.truecredit.com/products/optimizedOrder.jsp?versionID=0&package=TriBureauCMU&formName=fre...
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the real question is why myfico doesn't offer such a service. I'd gladly pay 3x more to monitor the other two credit bureaus as well as EQ as I am now (plus, say, one additional free report to use on the other two, etc etc). Barry, I know you can pass information on to other parts of the company. Tell them that there are customers out there (I'm not the only one) that want to monitor all three just like score watch does for just EQ.
Message 4 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

DiabloD3 wrote:
I think the real question is why myfico doesn't offer such a service. I'd gladly pay 3x more to monitor the other two credit bureaus as well as EQ as I am now (plus, say, one additional free report to use on the other two, etc etc). Barry, I know you can pass information on to other parts of the company. Tell them that there are customers out there (I'm not the only one) that want to monitor all three just like score watch does for just EQ.

I am sure Fair Isaac knows there is a market for this. Perhaps it just comes down to TU and EX not wanting to for whatever reason.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to wonder whether the CRAs collude and charge one another for soft pulls some pittance like a 1/10th of a cent each, but charge Fair Isaac $5 a pop for soft pulls. Thus one can pull daily from the Big Three and it's included in the price of a 3-in-1, but with MyFico one pays for each pull. Another way the CRAs are fighting Fair Isaac to break their monopoly.

Cannot say I'm completely pleased with all aspects of the FICO scoring model. 7 year sentence for all crimes, big and small, among other things. But I'm even less enthusiastic with the prospect of the free market taking hold of scoring. The free market always helps the consumer, but in this case the consumer is lenders wanting the most subprime borrowers possible from a scoring product.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It works both ways, however. Fair Isaac can just say, "well, we'll just charge you even more to use our forumla". In turn, the big three develop (and have developed, mind you) FACO forumlas that work very similar to FICO's own and use little or no Fair Isaac derived data. In turn, FICO charges even more. And then VantageScore shows up and competes with FICO.

So yeah, either way you look at it, FI is getting screwed, the consumers are getting potentially screwed (and potentially benefited due to competition in this market), and the big three profit due to racketeering and conspiracy.

So, yeah, at some level we'll never see a product that monitors all three scores this cheaply (ie, $20-$25 a month) short of just pulling all three reports once a month (which is like $32 depending on who you buy from).

And the sad part is, I'm on FI's side here. They simply made a few formulas that can describe how credit worthy you are... its the big three that let lending banks do stuff like refuse to report CL (instead they report highest recent balance, or $0) or refuse to accurately report current balances, or just randomly throw lines of credit and collection notices on your account without even minimally identifying if you're that person (many cases of error you're obviously not the right person and don't match any possible way, even a computer could figure this out).

So yeah, I don't like CRAs. The least they could do is pull their heads out of the sand to accept my money.
Message 7 of 8
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Id glady pay a bit more for all 3 reports via Score Watch. I heard that MyFIco and EQ are kinda partnered up for this so thats why we get our EQ updates via alerts. But even if they charged us and Include a Link to access the TU and EX reports that would be good. There wouldn't need to be any NEW partner thingy with TU or EX. Just include a "GET CURRENT REPORT button" for TU and EX every month. Sure we can easily buy them with entering our CCard info but why not auto charge us ( for those that want to sign up ) and give us a discount for the TU and EX reports. Like $5.99 each !!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.