Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats so good about score watch?

tag
quarius
Regular Contributor

Whats so good about score watch?

I just signed up for the monthly plan of score watch and im so sure im enjoying paying for a fee when i haven't seen anything great so far about it. I mean why do i have to pay when i want to look at my new report? Why isn't it just included or how come i can't just update it since im paying a monthly fee, why shouldn't i just use the equifax.com version and i could update everyday if i want and just pay that monthly fee? I kinda want to be able to check my score daily when i pay off things that im doing right now? I mean i just paid off 2 cards and i can't even see a change in my report or score yet, it seems i have to wait weekly. 

Any suggestions on this? 

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's so good about score watch?

If you want a FICO score, Score Watch is the way to go. In case you didn't know, equifax.com doesn't offer a FICO score, it's FAKO.

Just because you pay a bill doesn't mean it gets reported immediately and thus, you won't see the change in your score immediately either. Updates after a payment is made are initiated by your creditor - probably monthly - just after your bill is cut. You might be able to find out that date just by calling customer service or by keeping track on a CMS. 

So, perhaps you need to reconsider when you check your score/reports. That way, you won't be so disappointed. 

Good luck and congrats on paying off 2 cards. I'm sure you'll be please with the score bump when they report to the CRAs.

*edited for grammar.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 2 of 9
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: Whats so good about score watch?

You should probably read up on how Score Watch works, too.

In order to see FICO score updates, you need to set your "Target Score" to your current FICO score. It will let you know if your score goes up/down on a weekly basis. It will also check your FICO score when you have another qualifying event -- CC balances goes UP, new account, new inq, etc. There is a lot of information, you just need to read. Check out the "Settings" tab in your Scorewatch first. It should help you understand what triggers an update.

And don't forget to set your target score to get the most out of Score Watch!

Personally, I use scorewatch to monitor my FICO score, but I also use USAA credit monitoring so I can look at all 3 reports everyday ($12/month). Using both really helps you keep an eye on things.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 3 of 9
quarius
Regular Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

If you want a FICO score, Score Watch is the way to go. In case you didn't know, equifax.com doesn't offer a FICO score, it's FAKO.

Just because you pay a bill doesn't mean it gets reported immediately and thus, you won't see the change in your score immediately either. Updates after a payment is made are initiated by your creditor - probably monthly - just after your bill is cut. You might be able to find out that date just by calling customer service or by keeping track on a CMS. 

So, perhaps you need to reconsider when you check your score/reports. That way, you won't be so disappointed. 

Good luck and congrats on paying off 2 cards. I'm sure you'll be please with the score bump when they report to the CRAs.

*edited for grammar.

Well i paid off my cards right before closing date to show a zero balance and i still don't see an update yet. They closed last weekend. Not dissappointed just want to get it right. Im working hard right now to get the best out of my score to get some new prime tradelines.

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
Message 4 of 9
quarius
Regular Contributor

Re: Whats so good about score watch?

@apandabear wrote:

You should probably read up on how Score Watch works, too.

In order to see FICO score updates, you need to set your "Target Score" to your current FICO score. It will let you know if your score goes up/down on a weekly basis. It will also check your FICO score when you have another qualifying event -- CC balances goes UP, new account, new inq, etc. There is a lot of information, you just need to read. Check out the "Settings" tab in your Scorewatch first. It should help you understand what triggers an update.

And don't forget to set your target score to get the most out of Score Watch!

Personally, I use scorewatch to monitor my FICO score, but I also use USAA credit monitoring so I can look at all 3 reports everyday ($12/month). Using both really helps you keep an eye on things.

Thanks. I will look into that i never even knew about USAA

Message 5 of 9
apandabear
Regular Contributor

@quarius wrote:

Well i paid off my cards right before closing date to show a zero balance and i still don't see an update yet. They closed last weekend. Not dissappointed just want to get it right. Im working hard right now to get the best out of my score to get some new prime tradelines.

FYI, you won't get an alert on balances going down. So you'd have to wait for the weekly FICO score check, which is based on your current Target score.

2009-10 - C/Os
Message 6 of 9
quarius
Regular Contributor

Wow thanks guys i did what u said and my score updated today +17 points to 666, thats what i was looking for out of my score watch. 

Message 7 of 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Keep your goal score set to your current score, for the most update potential.

Message 8 of 9
apandabear
Regular Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Keep your goal score set to your current score, for the most update potential.

+1

Reset your target score for 666!

Glad you're happy! Smiley Happy

2009-10 - C/Os
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.