Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the score refresh???

tag
summerhunny11
Contributor

When does the score refresh???

I have a paid account andright now it says view report until 6/10. Score last updated on 5/30. It's the 10th and it hasn't updated.

Any ideas?

5/13-EQ 652,TU 634, EX 612
6/13-mortgage lender pull
EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
6/22/13 Auto pull (Infiniti)
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Capital One $1500, Orchard $500, Premier $700
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When does the score refresh???

The reports don't refresh without buying a new one. Did you subscribe to a service like ScoreWatch or FICO Quarterly Monitoring?

Message 2 of 11
summerhunny11
Contributor

Yes
EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Message 3 of 11
summerhunny11
Contributor

Score watch
EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Message 4 of 11
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

The reports don't refresh without buying a new one. Did you subscribe to a service like ScoreWatch or FICO Quarterly Monitoring?

But the score refreshes right?  When there's an alert?

Message 5 of 11
summerhunny11
Contributor

Hasn't refreshed since 5/29. all the other sites have updated my info except myfico.

EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@summerhunny11 wrote:

Hasn't refreshed since 5/29. all the other sites have updated my info except myfico.

What changed on your EQ report that could have led to a FICO change or a credit alert? Absent changes there's nothing to refresh.

There are two types of alerts with SW: credit and score alerts. 

Credit alerts will alert you to changes set forth in the SW Guide found stickied on this board. It includes alerts like added inquiries, added TLs, status changes, increased or decreased balances, and a few other items. There are no credit alerts to dropped accounts. Usually a credit alert will come in inside 1-2 days from the actual change to your EQ CR. When there is a change, and that change changed your EQ FICO, then the credit alert will also provide your latest EQ FICO for you.

Absent credit alerts, your EQ FICO is monitored for changes every 7-10 days and is based solely off the target score within settings. So if your new EQ FICO hits or exceeds your target score within settings then you could get an alert if your score changed. For best results ALWAYS set your target EQ FICO to EXACTLY match your current EQ FICO. That way if your score increased or decreased, it moves past the target score and you can get alerted up or down within 7-10 days of that change.

So back to the org. question, if it hasn't refreshed since 5/29, did anything happen on EQ that would have led to an alert?

Message 7 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

But the score refreshes right?  When there's an alert?

Right. I wasn't sure if OP purchased a single alert or was subscribed to anything. I reiterated SW above. And this doesn't apply here, but TUQM does not refresh the score if the score changes, but will provide a new report every 3 months.

Message 8 of 11
summerhunny11
Contributor

I should have clarified.

I have disputed erroneous charges with all three CB's. I pay for my TU fako Transunion finished first and dropped 5 negatives off  which raised my fako 50 points. Credit karma also went up 45 points within 24 hours. I also paid my cards down to 8% which transunion doesn't reflect yet. I called EQ disputes to see where we were in the investigation and they have until 6/15. So maybe I will notice something then?

I was just expecting to see something since TU updated to reflect deleted negatives. The same negatives are being reported on EQ. Hope that answers the questions.

EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Message 9 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Disputes are always a mixed bag. It's not uncommon to initiate a dispute, see a delete on 2 of the 3 CRAs, and see it verified on the 3rd. Never assume that a deletion on one report will be a deletion for all.

Also never assume that a deletion will lead to an increase in FICO. For many, a dispute can lead to a drop in score. YMMV on the change in relation to your credit. For example, if the account was old you can lose points due to a drop in history/AAoA even though the account was a severe baddie. Or maybe the account helped in some way prior to deletion like improvement to mix or util, and a deletion could harm your FICO. And if verified the dates like DOLA or reported date can update and that can drop your FICO in some cases.

I would suggest subscribing to a CMS that monitors all 3 reports. That way you can see the changes as it happens.

Absent a 3-in-1 CMS, you could make the assumption the dispute ends on 6/15 assuming you disputed on the first of May. But it necessarily wouldn't mean you get an alert. If there's a status change, like a dispute comment clearing if verified, then you'd get the alert as the disputes finish which is 30-45 days from the dispute date. If all of the accounts you disputed were deleted, then your FICO could go either way. You won't get any credit alert because SW doesn't alert for dropped accts. But 7-10 days from the actual day it deleted on EQ you might get a score alert ASSUMING your new EQ FICO hit or exceeded your target score. If your target score is too high or too low, then there wouldn't be any alerts.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.