cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whenever a FICO® score change could qualify you for a different interest on a: question

tag
Helena_313
New Contributor

Whenever a FICO® score change could qualify you for a different interest on a: question

Okay, my EQ is 520. I had had this setting set to a new rate on a 48-month auto loan but the next rate change "bracket" isn't until 590. So I looked at the 30 year mortgage setting, and it shows a rate change between 549 and 550. I tried to set it to this and it says:

(For a score of 520, that means you will receive a score alert if your score goes above 620.)

Is this because my score is just so low that it's irrelevant until I get to 620? If so, then why bother showing the chart anyway with the scores lower?
03/2013 EQ 606 TU 609
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Whenever a FICO® score change could qualify you for a different interest on a: question

@Helena_313 wrote:
Okay, my EQ is 520. I had had this setting set to a new rate on a 48-month auto loan but the next rate change "bracket" isn't until 590. So I looked at the 30 year mortgage setting, and it shows a rate change between 549 and 550. I tried to set it to this and it says:

(For a score of 520, that means you will receive a score alert if your score goes above 620.)

Is this because my score is just so low that it's irrelevant until I get to 620? If so, then why bother showing the chart anyway with the scores lower?

Hi Helena_313....What you've described is an error in the wording of that Score Watch setting and you should receive an alert when your score hits 550. It will be fixed shortly. Thanks for letting us know!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.