Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which FICO score should I pull?

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Equifax, Experian or Transunion? Or should I ask, which one is more popular?

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which FICO score should I pull?

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Equifax, Experian or Transunion? Or should I ask, which one is more popular?

Depends on your goals. Some come on here to figure out their starting score when beginning their credit rebuilding. Some do so to figure out what helps/hurts their score the most. Some do so to track progress after removing/adding accounts. And some do so to see their score prior to applying for credit so they can eyeball their approval odds based off the score.

Which one is popular? I take you mean which one is popular based on lenders? If that's it, then it's a YMMV based on lender. Some lenders prefer to pull one over the others. You'd have to figure out the lender's preference and that'll improve your odds of pulling the correct report prior to the lender pulling it.

Message 2 of 4
samahok
Contributor

Of the three offered on this site now, the score that will be nearest to the ones most lenders use is the EQ score.  The TU score is an older scoring model which is still used by some lenders, but not as much as the TU04 model.  The new EX scoring model that is offered here is a newer scoring model that from what I have seen in other posts are not widely used yet.  As always tho, YMMV because unless you know exactly what FICO scoring model your lender will be using, the FICO score they pull may vary slightly from the score you see on this website.  If you are just starting out on your credit journey, it might be a good idea to pull all three so you can have a good baseline of where you stand.  If you are trying to find out what score a lender will see when they pull your credit score, it would be a good idea to find out from them which CRA they will be pulling.  Either way, any of the scores you get from this site are actual FICO scores, and will always be more helpful for you than FAKO scores used by other sites.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 4
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys! I have a well established credit history, around 750 the last time I pulled up my EQ score here at the beginning of the year. 

I use the FAKO CreditKarma, and they are reporting it as 754, which is close and I believe they use TC there or their own model of TC scoring, either way I think it will be close to the EQ score.

It's been 6 months and I want to see where I stand. I got 3 new credit cards this year, mainly because of the cash bonuses.

On a seperate note I am finishing off paying my Chase Auto Loan in 2 months, 60 months loan finishing the term in 32 months, so hopefully that will boost my credit further. I am thinking about getting a report now and then get one again at the end of the year.

Wish there was a discount, but it appears none are currently available :/

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.