cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which score model does TransUnion MyFico use?

tag
rkb84
Contributor

Which score model does TransUnion MyFico use?

Is it TU04, just wondering becasue the lender I am using pulls the 04 classic model.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which score model does TransUnion MyFico use?

It uses TU98. 

Message 2 of 8
rkb84
Contributor

Thanks, is this usually known an higher or lower than the TU04?

Message 3 of 8
GregB
Valued Contributor

@rkb84 wrote:

Thanks, is this usually known an higher or lower than the TU04?

YES.

If you think I didn't read your question properly, I did. Higher or Lower.

Message 4 of 8
rkb84
Contributor

My TU Fico on here was 655. the 04 they pulled 673.. safe to say that was a wast of $20..

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@rkb84 wrote:

My TU Fico on here was 655. the 04 they pulled 673.. safe to say that was a wast of $20..

I wouldn't say it's a waste. It's repeated over and over in here that the TU on here won't match a lender's, but how else would you have an idea of where your FICO score is at? You can't pull from sites like CreditKarma or TrueCredit because those aren't even FICO scores. For most folks, if TU98 and TU04 were pulled on the same day, then they'll typically find that their TU04 is within 30 pts, give or take, plus or minus. It's not a firm rule and others experienced greater differences, but it's pretty close when compared to a FAKO. Also, your FICO report will show the top pos/neg items that help or hurt your FICO. Generally, that will match the same 4 negative reason codes that your lender will have on their tri-merge report. Ahead of time you'll at least know how your score is impacted.

Congrats on the 673. Most folks tend to see that in the opposite direction. DW's experience was similar to yours. Her TU04 was 30 points higher. My TU04 was 10 points lower.

Message 6 of 8
rkb84
Contributor

Yes that's true, I will def keep the Scorewatch for EQ though since it's dead on. It's a shame we have to go through all this madness just to get the point score that we are judged on to get almost everything . Just seems wrong, everyone should have easy access to the real scores anytime they want.

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@rkb84 wrote:

Yes that's true, I will def keep the Scorewatch for EQ though since it's dead on. It's a shame we have to go through all this madness just to get the point score that we are judged on to get almost everything . Just seems wrong, everyone should have easy access to the real scores anytime they want.

If myFICO would offer every single FICO version for sale, I'd buy it. I dunno.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.