Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which service should I buy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which service should I buy?

It's hard to read all the posts.  I can't tell which services are the best to buy.  TrueCredit isn't a "true" score, right?  Can you suggest the best 2 or 3 services?  Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which service should I buy?

Hi.  Good question.  I don't know much about it specifically, but I'm guessing the "experts" who will help will request more info - such as it depends what you're looking for:

true FICO scores
monitoring of your reports/scores
ability to pull reports (how frequently)
etc.

Just thought I'd give the head's up.  Hopefully others will have better info.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so you know the myfico.com website provides true FICO scores.  FICO scores are what 90% off all lenders look at to determine if their going to give you credit or not.  For a one time purchase of your report and score from the bureau of your choice its $15.95 per credit bureau.  The product you would look for on the website is called FICO STANDARD.  It is then viewable on the website as soon as you the make the purchase and its viewable for 30 days. You may also want to go to the link that says PRODUCTS and read about the packages that are offered on the website before you place any orders.  Also before you make any purchases you may also want to contact customer service and ask the customer service representative for a promotional code that will give you 10% off the total of your purchase.  Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to be able to periodically view my credit report(s) and keep an eye on my "real" FICO.  Some people have complained about ScoreWatch and TrueCredit and Suze Orman...so I'm at a loss.  I don't know which to get.
Message 4 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Micaela09 wrote:
I want to be able to periodically view my credit report(s) and keep an eye on my "real" FICO.  Some people have complained about ScoreWatch and TrueCredit and Suze Orman...so I'm at a loss.  I don't know which to get.

Nothing cheap is perfect!

I use SW to monitor one CR's true FICO and hope that changes are reflected in the others!  This used to be very good as EQ was my middle score, but for some obscure reason known only to the FICO Gods it has suddenly become my highest score.

I use Chase IP for daily monitoring of all 3 CRAs, and ignore the scores, although they are rough indicators of what is going on.  This tells me when certains things happen, and gives me the ability to initiate disputes if I so desire
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.