Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I Choose To Pay For FICO Ultimate 3B

tag
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Why I Choose To Pay For FICO Ultimate 3B

The reason why I chose Ultimate 3B is because Credit Check Total changed. But even with that out of the picture let's break down the price structure that myFICO has put on this monitoring package.

Plan 1: If you choose to pay the $29.95 a month; your yearly cost will be $359.40

Plan 2: If you choose to pay the $329 a year; your reduced monthly cost will be $27.41 which saves you $30.40

Now regardless of whichever plan you enroll in; a 3 credit bureau report pull is usually $59.85 without using a coupon (they do exist if you look for them). Ultimate 3B includes 4 of these pulls a year which would come out to be $239.40 overall.

If you subtract the 4 quarterly credit reports then you would end up with $120 a year at $10/month with Plan 1 or $89.60 a year at $7.46 /month with Plan 2.

So even with paying full price for the quarterly reports; you're getting all the other benefits of the Ultimate 3B plan for only $10/month or $7.46/month

Combine this with CreditKarma.com for free Transunion, Equifax reports every 7 days and Credit.com for free Experian reports once a month; you have a winning combination. A lot of people are mad about the cost but when you do all the math combined with all the benefits it comes with and then also have other sites you use for reports..... the price is justified for me currently. Should they have a plan without the Reports? They did in the past and it was nice but it didn't come with 19 FICO scores that the industry uses. I think this was worth the added cost.

There's been a lot of contenders but in the end they all stop doing daily pulls, offering FICOs, etc. I was switching different monitoring/report services every few months. I think I'm done personally and I'll just stick with one. The price works for me. Anyways, I hope this helps others out if you want to see the price broke down in a different way.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Re: Why I Choose To Pay For FICO Ultimate 3B

Personally, it is not the price that I have a issue with. it is with the lack of score updates especially when I know for sure that my score has changed and especially when it comes to Experian. It is horrible. You pay for a product you expect it to work consistently. I am aware scores will not always move up or down. But if the score tracking on a CC issuer's website shows me my score has changed, I expect to be notified via update on the app within a fairly reasonable amount of time. I am not a score junkie and dont need to track it daily. But when you dont have an update for months, then that is lousy service and not worth paying for. Just sayin...

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was very useful . Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I receive updated each time my scores change. I usually get score updates a few times a month or when something on my credit report change (i.e. when my balances on a credit card go up or down). 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

Personally, it is not the price that I have a issue with. it is with the lack of score updates especially when I know for sure that my score has changed and especially when it comes to Experian. It is horrible. You pay for a product you expect it to work consistently. I am aware scores will not always move up or down. But if the score tracking on a CC issuer's website shows me my score has changed, I expect to be notified via update on the app within a fairly reasonable amount of time. I am not a score junkie and dont need to track it daily. But when you dont have an update for months, then that is lousy service and not worth paying for. Just sayin...

I receive updates each time my scores change. I usually get score updates a few times a month or when something on my credit report change (i.e. when my balances on a credit card go up or down). 

Message 5 of 8
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

I receive updates each time my scores change. I usually get score updates a few times a month or when something on my credit report change (i.e. when my balances on a credit card go up or down). 

Yes, sure! I did too. The question is *when* do you receive the updates? The same day, a day later, a few days later or a week later? In my case the app did not notify me for almost 2 months. I shouldnt have to wait that long to be notified that my score has changed. 

Message 6 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@jawbrkr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

Yes, sure! I did too. The question is *when* do you receive the updates? The same day, a day later, a few days later or a week later? In my case the app did not notify me for almost 2 months. I shouldnt have to wait that long to be notified that my score has changed. 

I receive mine the day after the change to my CR. I am quite happy with the service. 

Message 7 of 8
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

I receive mine the day after the change to my CR. I am quite happy with the service. 

Nice. You must be the exception...or they have improved their service.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.