Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why No Unlimited Fico Scores?

tag
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Why No Unlimited Fico Scores?

I notice some sites allow you to pull your score daily.

I would like that ability.

It seems the Fico score alert is badly delayed, sometimes I ahve an update and dont receive an indication that theirs an update until weeks later.

Sometimes my score changes 2 to 3 days in a row.  WHich leaves me wanting to update my score twice in 3 days.  Which cost me about $30, even though im on the monitoring program.

Will the score watch ever be improved to where it updates within 24hours? 

Or will we ever get unlimited Fico scores?  Meaning at least Once a day?

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Why No Unlimited Fico Scores?

I refresh my experian.com report everyday with  their plus score.

It would be nice to be able to at least do that on here.

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think you'll ever see a daily-puller via myFICO because each time we purchase a score, FICO pays a fee to the CRAs to gain access to that data. The big three can get away with it via their respective reports and corresponding FAKOs because they own the data (e.g. freecreditreport for EX, TrueCredit for TU, and EQ's services like Credit Complete where you can pull EQ daily). FICO is an outsider. In fact, the daily pullers that once existed no longer exist in the same form they used to. For example, TrueCredit, Chase's ID Protect, Amex's CreditSecure, and many others used to provide a daily pull service for all 3 reports, not just one. I think there's some collusion on the part of the big 3 to limit who gets that data and they do it in the form of price increases to companies like myFICO.

Message 3 of 5
terren2000
Regular Contributor

^^^

Thanks makes alot of since.  Hopefully one day that will change.

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Hey, at least at MyFICO you get a fresh EQ FICO score every time your report shows a change (new INQ, new account, etc.)...and you can get two additional report and score pulls during the course of the year as a part of your membership.

Remember also that Wal-Mart card holders get their TU FICO FREE once a month..worth having the card just for that reason alone, but there are also benefits to having it like the ability to get cash back and frequent deferred interest specials.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.