cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Alerts no longer giving details??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are Alerts no longer giving details??

It seems like for the past 2-3 months, the alerts are no longer giving specific reason(s) as to why the score went up or down. Before, when you received the alert, you could see the exact reason for the score decrease/increase. Now, it just gives you a list of "possible reasons". Why the change?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Why are Alerts no longer giving details??

PeggyFair wrote:
It seems like for the past 2-3 months, the alerts are no longer giving specific reason(s) as to why the score went up or down. Before, when you received the alert, you could see the exact reason for the score decrease/increase. Now, it just gives you a list of "possible reasons". Why the change?

Hi Peggy/Fair.

I'm pretty positive there hasn't been any change in the Score Watch alert descriptions but I'll check on it to be sure.  My understanding is that the score change portion of the alert has always listed the reasons as "possible" since there are always many factors in the score calculation and we're rarely able to isolate one single reason for a score increase or decrease.

If I find otherwise I'll let you all know.  Thanks for your comment.

Barry
Message 2 of 4
Trying_to_climb
Valued Member

Hi Barry have you been able to find an answer to the alerts question?

Thanks

Starting Score (1/26/10): EQ:620 TU:659 (2/17/10) Exp: 700 (2/18/10)
Current Score(6/02/10): EQ:658
Goal Score(12/31/10): EQ:670

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the reminder....Smiley Tongue

OK, I checked to be sure and it's as I thought -- there has not been a change in the alerts and the score change alerts have always described reasons as being "possible." 

I think where the confusion lies is in the difference between "score alerts" and "credit alerts."

The credit alerts -- new accounts, inquiries, balance increases, etc. -- tell you exactly what changed.

The score alerts, describing score changes, only give you possible reasons, since the score is typically the net result of several factors going up and down simultaneously.

Hope that helps.

Barry
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.