Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I not get alert of new inquiry

tag
bratly35
Established Member

Why did I not get alert of new inquiry

Apped for new credit card 4/3 and never have not gotten alert on new inquiry they pulled equifax. Reading the FAQ section says it may take up to 3 days well its been 5 now and no alert on scorewatch. I tried to cancel before the 10 day trial was up last Monday but was on hold for an hour and could not wait. So now I get to pay for something that does not work as promised? Even credit karma will give me an alert the next day and its free.

Current scores EQ 697 (FICO) Ex 740 (FAKO) TU 728 (Walmart)

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Why did I not get alert of new inquiry

Are you 100% sure they pulled Equifax?

Message 2 of 12
bratly35
Established Member

@HiLine wrote:

Yes it was USAA and in thier letter with my fico score it says it pulled Equifax.

Message 3 of 12
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

I'm experiencing the same thing. I applied for a mortgage with 2 lenders. Both pulled all 3 credit reports and scores. No notification for either inquiries. Each week I get no alert email and that's it. I have the FICO® Quarterly Monitoring. I'm going to cancel it now since it's no use.

Message 4 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@bratly35 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Yes it was USAA and in thier letter with my fico score it says it pulled Equifax.

Are you certain though it was a hard pull? I'd check your EQ report for a soft from USAA. I can't speak to them, but I've had some creditors use a recent report instead of pulling a new one (e.g. NFCU) or pull a soft inquiry. Do you have a CMS that shows hard pulls by EQ to confirm it's on there?

Message 5 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@In-A-Limbo wrote:

I'm experiencing the same thing. I applied for a mortgage with 2 lenders. Both pulled all 3 credit reports and scores. No notification for either inquiries. Each week I get no alert email and that's it. I have the FICO® Quarterly Monitoring. I'm going to cancel it now since it's no use.

I don't think FICO Quarterly Monitoring alerts to new inquries.

Message 6 of 12
bratly35
Established Member

In the letter from them with my fico score it sayed equifax it also had a link to goto equifax and check my report for free. I did goto the equifax site and check my report for free and the inquiry shows up as a hard on the report I have just never recieved any thing from my fico.

@llecs wrote:

@bratly35 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Are you certain though it was a hard pull? I'd check your EQ report for a soft from USAA. I can't speak to them, but I've had some creditors use a recent report instead of pulling a new one (e.g. NFCU) or pull a soft inquiry. Do you have a CMS that shows hard pulls by EQ to confirm it's on there?

Message 7 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you see a hard pull on EQ, then certainly SW should have alerted you.

Message 8 of 12
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

2 new inquiries dropped my score. So I don't get a notification for that? What exact does it monitor then. I though the whole purpose was to monitor inquiries in case of fraud.

Message 9 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@In-A-Limbo wrote:

2 new inquiries dropped my score. So I don't get a notification for that? What exact does it monitor then. I though the whole purpose was to monitor inquiries in case of fraud.

FICO Quarterly Monitoring (some of us call it TUQM) monitors and alerts quarterly and the alerts come via a new report pull basically. Well, it does have another section for report changes. But any notifications on a new score won't come until the next report generates. 

It does monitor your TU report for fraud, but it doesn't use TU for that. They use an outside monitoring service that looks for changes to your phone, address, and other fraud-related items like that. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.