Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't MyFico updating?

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Why isn't MyFico updating?

@-Cain- wrote:
Barry, I'm in kinda in the same boat, I called a rep over the phone and she said I had set my target score too high, so I probably wouldn't get an alert. I believe I had looked around before setting my target score but didn't see anywhere where it may have said to set it at your last pulled score. Is there a way to let future possible subscribers know to use that tip as far as score setting goes? Thanks for reading.

Hi -Cain-

While we do recommend this in the Score Watch Guide and the customer service agents are expected to suggest this as a way to get more score change alerts, I agree that we could do a better job of communicating this tip.  One reason I think we've stayed away from recommending it too prominently, is that it's not going to work every time for everyone, as it requires that you set it to the current score before it changes again.  Still, I think it's a good idea -- even with disclaimers -- and will recommend we add it to the Settings tab in Score Watch.

And in appreciation for your suggeston...a free report and score awaits you!  Smiley Happy

-Barry

Message 11 of 16
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Barry wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:
Barry, I'm in kinda in the same boat, I called a rep over the phone and she said I had set my target score too high, so I probably wouldn't get an alert. I believe I had looked around before setting my target score but didn't see anywhere where it may have said to set it at your last pulled score. Is there a way to let future possible subscribers know to use that tip as far as score setting goes? Thanks for reading.

Hi -Cain-

While we do recommend this in the Score Watch Guide and the customer service agents are expected to suggest this as a way to get more score change alerts, I agree that we could do a better job of communicating this tip.  One reason I think we've stayed away from recommending it too prominently, is that it's not going to work every time for everyone, as it requires that you set it to the current score before it changes again.  Still, I think it's a good idea -- even with disclaimers -- and will recommend we add it to the Settings tab in Score Watch.

And in appreciation for your suggeston...a free report and score awaits you!  Smiley Happy

-Barry

Wow. That's awesome. I do appreciate that Barry, and I'm glad I could be of help if indeed my recommendation helps someone else in the future. I have learned a lot from this forum and its contributors and would like to pay it forward if I can. Thanks again!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry,

I am curious why the option to have the "Any Score Change" as an alert was taken away*, which probably took the maintenance off the customer and put it on the back-end.

I just joined last month (just started back into rebuilding since everything falling apart in 2006), and saw "Get Score report" and used it a little quickly (with the same score as when I signed up - oops!) into my subscription before I realized - I got only two, and that "Two Reports" included the one when you signed up. I have bought some since then.

That said, one of the reports I bought for Equifax after almost two weeks of no reports opened my eyes to just how precise you have to tweak the settings. My score jumped 8 points in those two weeks but I had had no alerts.

* When I say taken away I remember seeing somewhere .. Oh yeah the "Score Watch Guide" sticky in this board... "Any Score Change (Discontinued as of 7/13/08)"

Just wondering... Thanks!

Message 13 of 16
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Barry,

I am curious why the option to have the "Any Score Change" as an alert was taken away*, which probably took the maintenance off the customer and put it on the back-end.

I just joined last month (just started back into rebuilding since everything falling apart in 2006), and saw "Get Score report" and used it a little quickly (with the same score as when I signed up - oops!) into my subscription before I realized - I got only two, and that "Two Reports" included the one when you signed up. I have bought some since then.

That said, one of the reports I bought for Equifax after almost two weeks of no reports opened my eyes to just how precise you have to tweak the settings. My score jumped 8 points in those two weeks but I had had no alerts.

* When I say taken away I remember seeing somewhere .. Oh yeah the "Score Watch Guide" sticky in this board... "Any Score Change (Discontinued as of 7/13/08)"

Just wondering... Thanks!

Hi enerd,

That particular "any score change" feature wasn't working properly and it was determined by our tech team that it couldn't be made to work under the circumstances.  Our only choice was to discontinue offering it.  We're hoping to be able to offer a score monitoring service in the future that will be able to automatically alert you to more score changes.

-Barry

Message 14 of 16
nc73

Well I for one am going to cancel my service.  It's kinds of pointless if I don't see my score change when it has changed.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I found this thread and set my trigger TO my score instead of my score +1 (which I WAS doing), I'm getting more alerts.

That said, I've spent a lot more than I would have if, what as a programmer I KNOW would be a simple trigger, was reinstated as "ANY SCORE CHANGE".

This is because, if you set your trigger score to your current score as soon as you get your alert, according to this thread, ANY SCORE CHANGE +/- will trigger an alert.

However if you fail to set your trigger score to your current score (i.e. you wait a day and it changes in the meantime and your new trigger is off AT ALL) it may cause any triggers NOT TO FIRE.

So the OBVIOUS solution would be for the process that sends the trigger email to be enabled, if WE SET THE OPTION, to update our trigger score at the same time FOR US. It might not be perfect, but why not just slap a "beta" on it?

But all in all, I'm still somewhat happy.

Though because of th efact that it's multiple products and the presnetation is great but the ease of use is not so much, I think I'd drop it after I reach a goal.

If TU + EQ score reports were bundled and updated monthly with alerts that didn't necessarily need configured, it's be ideal.

All IMHO, of course.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.