Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would this warrant a alert?

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Would this warrant a alert?

On my EQ file, I received a response concerning my last Collection.  It was deleted last week.  So now I have no collections.  Would this warant an alert?  I received an alert that my charged off AmEx finally updated and I got a 12pt. increase.  I haveen been told that my last collection would result in a big increase.  Is this not really correct for me?

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Would this warrant a alert?

If I understand the guide correctly, a removal of any baddie won't result in an alert. The score change, if any could result in an alert. Though if you have other baddies reporting, then any change would be small. Was this 12 pt increase following the CA's removal? In other words, could the 12 points have resulted from the CA's removal?

Be sure to adjust your target score to your most recent score.

Message 2 of 7
aquatic1
Established Contributor

According to my alert it was due to the change from American Express.  After the score watch is when I got the dispute results from EQ.  The dispute result was the fact that they deleted my last collection account.  So basically your saying that all the work that I have done to finally get the last collection off my report did nothing for my score but a change from American Express updating the balance due by $200 resulted in 12pts?  If this is the case, oh well.

@llecs wrote:

If I understand the guide correctly, a removal of any baddie won't result in an alert. The score change, if any could result in an alert. Though if you have other baddies reporting, then any change would be small. Was this 12 pt increase following the CA's removal? In other words, could the 12 points have resulted from the CA's removal?

Be sure to adjust your target score to your most recent score.

Message 3 of 7
aquatic1
Established Contributor

UPDATE,

I went ahead and pulled my report and the score is even lower than the scorewatch from Friday.  It went down 13 points over the weekend.  So now I am back at square one.  Credit repair really hurts your financial self-esteem.  I have tried EVERYTHING and still not out of the 500's on EQ.

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Don't take the alert reasons for face value. I've received alerts for score increased because of added inquiries and increased CC balances. None of those resulted in a FICO score increase, but it was stuff happening behind the scenes that you'll never get alerted to (e.g. dropped baddie, etc.) that resulted in the score increase.

I was throwing out the possibility (and you'd have to check your own timeline to see if it fits) that both the Amex change and the dropped collection together resulted in an increase of 12. Or maybe the change on the Amex had a negative score impact rather than a positive. Lost on one but gained on the other resulting in a net increase of 12. Depends on how everthing is reporting.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

aquatic1 wrote:

UPDATE,

I went ahead and pulled my report and the score is even lower than the scorewatch from Friday.  It went down 13 points over the weekend.  So now I am back at square one.  Credit repair really hurts your financial self-esteem.  I have tried EVERYTHING and still not out of the 500's on EQ.

I typed my last post without seeing this. If you are open to posting over in rebuilding your credit, someone, or even myself, will take a look and give a recommendation. Sometimes it helps to take a step back and look from afar before reapproaching it. Sounds like there's a lot happening on your reports.
Message 6 of 7
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

UPDATE,

I typed my last post without seeing this. If you are open to posting over in rebuilding your credit, someone, or even myself, will take a look and give a recommendation. Sometimes it helps to take a step back and look from afar before reapproaching it. Sounds like there's a lot happening on your reports.

lol....I live over on the Rebuilding forum!  I think one of the issues with my AmEx account is the fact that they also changed my past due amount.  it used to say $0 but now it says the balance and the past due are the same.  Thatt is what I get for trying to make AmEx post the correct balance.  they are always at least a month behind and they admit it over the phone.  It really is not fair to consumers that you pay when they want you to but they will not post accurately.  oh well, I only have one payment left with them and that will be taken out of my account in 15 days!!

A also got a suggestion form over on the rebuilder forum that I may have been placed in a different bucket, which to me is really a good thing!  

Thanks llecs 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.