cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You better cancel in time or else

tag
Goodtimes

You better cancel in time or else

I signed up for a 10 day trial and canceled at 13 days instead of 10. It was my fault and I expected to pay for a month. Instead I have to pay for 3 month min.
Beware, I have tried getting it changed and they won't budge.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
amyneal1
New Visitor

Re: You better cancel in time or else

I had the same issue.  This is borderline fraud.

Message 2 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Sorry you had that experience but it clearly states in the fine print that you will be charged a min of 3 months if you don't cancel on the 10th day.

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 3 of 10
Goodtimes

I know what the fine print said. Credit cards also have fine print. There have been times where I miss a payment by a day or so and they reverse the charges. Myfico has the same ability they just choose not to.
I wasn't unsatisfied with the product, I just wasn't ready to pay for the service yet. Later on I would have. Not anymore!
Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, they should nix the trial period. Most folks do it just to get a free report. There's no way you can fully see the benefits in a 10-day trial period anyway.

Message 5 of 10
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

IMO, they should nix the trial period. Most folks do it just to get a free report. There's no way you can fully see the benefits in a 10-day trial period anyway.

Agreed! I just sucked it up and bought a year so I didn't have to wrestle with the decision of "Do I realy want it this month? Its like gardening

Message 6 of 10
Goodtimes

Most of there money is made from suckering the window shoppers into a 3 month service. Credit karma offers the same service if your not worried about there unreliable vantage score.
Message 7 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Goodtimes wrote:
Most of there money is made from suckering the window shoppers into a 3 month service. Credit karma offers the same service if your not worried about there unreliable vantage score.

Very true, but only for TU.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 10
nothappy
New Visitor

I just learned this the hard way too.  Just a few days over my free time period, and I realize that I now have to pay $45 for the three months because I failed to read the fine print.  I know, I know, I know....read the fine print.  But when a company resorts to bilking folks out of money only through fine print...then it's an ethical issue in my opinion.  When I want to cancel my service, I should pay for what I have used.  Based on this, I have a big problem with this company, and will advise anyone I talk to to NOT ever use this service, even the free version. 

Message 9 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear that, of course here on the forums, we have nothing to do with the score side of it. We pay for ours same as you, I just hope they do something to fix this.
Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.