cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™.

Could this be do to the car loan I just recieved Yesterday????? I thought my score would go down, but this is my first auto loan if that matters any.....I do have 2 med collections on my equifax but I doubt that they have fallen off(07-08 accounts)...And my chase and walmart card still have the same balance as before....
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report

Well surely, if the auto loan had somehow already managed to report, that would have triggered a credit alert (new account posting.) So although your score might increase from the addition to the credit mix, that seems contradictory.

Did any other accounts have a birthday? (go over a year old) --inquiries go over a year, etc.

btw, by how much did your score increase?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report

My fico score increased 23 points....Im enrolled in  another program that monitors all 3 cra and lets me see EX any time---And they only sent me an update that inquires had been made, when doing my car shopping...No new account messege from there either....Im going to check and see about  any old inquiries they may have fallen off..
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is a list of all 3 credit Inquiries.........I dont see any birthdays of 12/26 or 12/27

FIRST USA NA Banks and S&Ls 11/1/2008     MORTGAGE, LLC DBA DI Mortgage Cos. 10/13/2008   GMAC MTG Credit card and travel / entertainment companies 10/13/2008     BANK OF AMERICA Bank - Mortgage Department 10/11/2008     CREDCO IMS Miscellaneous and public record 8/11/2008     BANK ONE NA Credit card and travel / entertainment companies 8/9/2008     BOK-CONS LND Banks and S&Ls 8/7/2008     ROADLOANS Auto Financing 11/21/2007     RIVERSIDE CH Automotive 11/14/2007   COLLECT AMER Collection services 7/5/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.