Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic renewal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

automatic renewal

I realize that myfico has discontinued the automatic renewal. Too late for me. I was not notified that my three scores were posted in January. Found out after receiving cc bill. One month limit had run out by then. No idea what scores were. E-mail has not changed and I did not send to junk mail. Who to contact?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: automatic renewal

chris56 wrote:
I realize that myfico has discontinued the automatic renewal. Too late for me. I was not notified that my three scores were posted in January. Found out after receiving cc bill. One month limit had run out by then. No idea what scores were. E-mail has not changed and I did not send to junk mail. Who to contact?
Hi chris56....myFICO Customer Support should be able to help you with this situation.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris, 

Well, it's not at all clear to me that MyFico has stopped automatic renewals. It appears they attempted to bill an old credit card of mine, without permission, just last month. Naturally, they got nowhere but it did leave me scratching my head as to why they would pull a dirty trick like that. More distressing,  it  seems that this unauthorized billing of a dead credit card set off some sort of internal alert at Myfico that has soured them on my membership.

Hey, I consider this entirely Myfico's fault. I recieved no warning that my Score Watch membership was about to expire. I found out about it only when I tried to log on and obtain my score. And when I tried to sign up again, using a perfectly valid credit card--I kept getting an error message.

And I can report that MyFico customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Their phone reps referred me to Equifax. Unfortunately, they didn't have any idea what MyFico was talking about. And it didn't help that the MyFico people gave me the wrong phone number for Equifax--twice. Man, in my experience, you have to really practice to get that good in customer service---and I've been in the business for 20 years.

And you can forget about email correspondence. Repeated exchanges between me and Myfico were a complete dead end. One lady actually told me it would be easier to simply to go to Equifax directly and obtain their Fako  service for about the same price. She actually referred me to another company !

My last response went unanswered--so I take it that's their idea of resolving an issue to a customer's satisfaction.  Unbelievable!

However, there is a bright side to this little saga...I've found that Credit Karma offers a Fako for free and that it does offer the comfort of knowing my business is welcome.   The Credit Karma scores do tend to run a little higher than MyFico but if you cut it by 10 points or so--it seems to be about right. Anyway, it gives me a useful trend line I can follow without any customer service hassles.

Hey, it was MyFico's  idea that I check out another credit monitoring service--so I guess I should be grateful for the tip.... 

The only thing I'm really missing is the supposedly regular monitoring and email alerts....But in retrospect, they often came too infrequently or late to be of much use--it's not like you could rely on Myfico for up-to-the-minute reports.

But this experience does make me question the ethics and common sense of a company that automatically bills for renewal of a membership without notice and then penalizes a customer because they billed a cancelled  credit card without authorization.  This, in my opinion, should not be legal. 

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Cato

Credit Karma: 759       Fico Equifax: Unknown; but likely 740 to 750.

Message 3 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

cato wrote:

Hey Chris, 

Well, it's not at all clear to me that MyFico has stopped automatic renewals. It appears they attempted to bill an old credit card of mine, without permission, just last month. Naturally, they got nowhere but it did leave me scratching my head as to why they would pull a dirty trick like that. More distressing,  it  seems that this unauthorized billing of a dead credit card set off some sort of internal alert at Myfico that has soured them on my membership.

Hey, I consider this entirely Myfico's fault. I recieved no warning that my Score Watch membership was about to expire. I found out about it only when I tried to log on and obtain my score. And when I tried to sign up again, using a perfectly valid credit card--I kept getting an error message.

And I can report that MyFico customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Their phone reps referred me to Equifax. Unfortunately, they didn't have any idea what MyFico was talking about. And it didn't help that the MyFico people gave me the wrong phone number for Equifax--twice. Man, in my experience, you have to really practice to get that good in customer service---and I've been in the business for 20 years.

And you can forget about email correspondence. Repeated exchanges between me and Myfico were a complete dead end. One lady actually told me it would be easier to simply to go to Equifax directly and obtain their Fako  service for about the same price. She actually referred me to another company !

My last response went unanswered--so I take it that's their idea of resolving an issue to a customer's satisfaction.  Unbelievable!

However, there is a bright side to this little saga...I've found that Credit Karma offers a Fako for free and that it does offer the comfort of knowing my business is welcome.   The Credit Karma scores do tend to run a little higher than MyFico but if you cut it by 10 points or so--it seems to be about right. Anyway, it gives me a useful trend line I can follow without any customer service hassles.

Hey, it was MyFico's  idea that I check out another credit monitoring service--so I guess I should be grateful for the tip.... 

The only thing I'm really missing is the supposedly regular monitoring and email alerts....But in retrospect, they often came too infrequently or late to be of much use--it's not like you could rely on Myfico for up-to-the-minute reports.

But this experience does make me question the ethics and common sense of a company that automatically bills for renewal of a membership without notice and then penalizes a customer because they billed a cancelled  credit card without authorization.  This, in my opinion, should not be legal. 

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Cato

Credit Karma: 759       Fico Equifax: Unknown; but likely 740 to 750.

Hello cato...Sorry to hear you're not too happy with myFICO these days.

In attempting to automatically renew your Score Watch subscription in early February -- prior to this process being discontinued -- myFICO sent numerous emails to you to advise of the automatic renewal; but apparently there was a disconnect in the enrollment process with Equifax. This error is currently being investigated by our tech team and we're hoping for some resolution very soon.

It appears that sending you to Equifax was for the purpose of attempting to order Score Watch -- not for a FAKO product as you claim -- from them, since you couldn't get it from myFICO. We regret this wasn't communicated better. We also show that your emails to customer service were, in fact, responded to. Are you having problems receiving email?

Again, we're sorry for the difficulty in renewing your Score Watch subscription and that you weren't satisfied with the service you received. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Barry,

Thanks for looking into this matter for me. I really do appreciate that. As to the email situation, no, I believe my email service is doing fine. This is what is so surprising to me. MyFico emails are keepers with me. I generally save them for future reference. I swear I received not a single warning that my Score Watch membership was about to expire--obviously, there is no doubt I would have caught it if they had sent numerous emails on the subject as you indicate.

And the last email I received from MyFico, in an attempt to signup again with a new credit card, did indeed go unanswered. 

BTW, I didn't realize that Equifax also offered the same Score Watch product--no mention was made of this in my exchanges with the MyFico rep that did email me. My preference would be the status quo arrangement I had with MyFico--since I wanted to keep all my previous history of score changes intact for future reference. Do you know if the Equifax Score Watch product maintains my history of score changes as well?

By way of background, my old Chase credit card was cancelled by the issuer late last year as a result of a  questionable charge that appeared fradulent. Hence, a new card was issued at their insistance. Now, I know I should have been more on the ball about the exact expiration date of  my Score Watch membership but I assumed that I would have plenty of advance notice by email--which, appears to have slipped off into the cyberspace void.  I have no explantion for these missing email notices.

But it never occurred to me to notify MyFico of my new Chase credit card account number. Hey, who thinks of these things?  I generally just pull out whichever  credit card I have that needs a little activity to keep it current whenever these types of bills come in--IF the bill ever comes in, that is.

It was news to me that you guys ever did automatic renewals....You know, I  like to be consulted before any charges are racked up to my credit cards--even from guys I trust--like MyFico.  I like to keep my utilization rate on a very tight leash.

I wouldn't say I was unhappy with MyFico's Score Watch product when I was a member. But despite 2 phone calls to MyFico, and 2 other goose chase phone calls to Equifax , and several emails, I still haven't been able to get you guys to accept a valid credit card from me to renew my membership. And I've struck out 3 times now with two different cards. What a waste of time.

If your techno geeks can figure this one out, that suits me just fine. Till then, I'll be muddling along with Credit Karma's FAKO score.  They don't offer much in the way of customer service-- but compared to the quality of service I've been getting lately---I can't really say I hold that against them.  

Regards,

Cato

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Barry,

You know, it's hard to believe it's been over 3 years since I first reported all that trouble I had signing up for Scorewatch and there's never been any resolution of the matter to this day. I just received another rejection notice this morning.  About the 3rd in as many years now--what a shock.

Just thought I'd mention it....Not that it matters much....It's hard to see what difference it makes given so many other choices available to montior my credit that are free and less hassle prone nowadays.  Nonetheless, my preference was always to go with you guys over the competition. I just never thought it would be such a tough slog.

Still working out the kinks with your Tech guys, huh?   I sure hope y'all finally get it right one day. 

Cato 

Message 6 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Barry,

You know, it's hard to believe it's been over 3 years since I first reported all that trouble I had signing up for Scorewatch and there's never been any resolution of the matter to this day. I just received another rejection notice this morning.  About the 3rd in as many years now--what a shock.

Just thought I'd mention it....Not that it matters much....It's hard to see what difference it makes given so many other choices available to montior my credit that are free and less hassle prone nowadays.  Nonetheless, my preference was always to go with you guys over the competition. I just never thought it would be such a tough slog.

Still working out the kinks with your Tech guys, huh?   I sure hope y'all finally get it right one day. 

Cato    

Hi Cato,

I see you experienced the same problem again.  All I can tell you is that SW problems such as this require both EQ and FICO to get together on a fix.  It clearly hasn't happened in your case, though I do know they were looking into it back in 2009 when you first raised this issue.  I can refer it again, but I can't promise anything as to the outcome.  Sorry, and surely not what you want to hear, but that's just the way it is.

-Barry

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.