cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one creditwise is faster than myfico 3b

Frequent Contributor

capital one creditwise is faster than myfico 3b

Why do i constantly get updates and warnings faster from the FREE capital one creditwise app, than i get from the $41.00 a month monitoring im paying myfico?

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: capital one creditwise is faster than myfico 3b


jdxprs1 wrote:

Why do i constantly get updates and warnings faster from the FREE capital one creditwise app, than i get from the $41.00 a month monitoring im paying myfico?


I totally agree.  Read my post I just submitted.

In the garden as of March 17, 2017.

Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Hilton Surpass $6K l Aviator Red $3.5K | Best Buy $6K | Amazon $6K | Chase $5K | BBVA $6K | UFCU $10K | NFCU $15K
Message 2 of 7
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one creditwise is faster than myfico 3b

Creditwise like Credit Karma are useful for tracking "factors" but basically worthless for getting credit - both update once a week, Fico updates as needed sometimes several times a day sometime not for 7-10+ days depending on what happens with your profile. Case in point as of this morning my CK TU score is 675 "fair" but really 795 actual FICO, as reported on here and several of my Credit Cards (Discover, Barclays, GE/Sync, etc).  Several years ago when I was near the finish of my rebuild  CK scores were 100+ points higher than my actual FICO scores. 

 

Capital one uses FICO scoring from all three CRA's to approve their credit cards, they do NOT use CK or CW, whats that tell you?

Message 3 of 7
Frequent Contributor

Re: capital one creditwise is faster than myfico 3b

I'm paying for credit monitoring. For 2 days now 2 new accounts were added to my reports and no notification from myFICO.

I had to find out about it from free credit wise. That's not acceptable.
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 4 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: capital one creditwise is faster than myfico 3b


pipeguy wrote:

Creditwise like Credit Karma are useful for tracking "factors" but basically worthless for getting credit - both update once a week, Fico updates as needed sometimes several times a day sometime not for 7-10+ days depending on what happens with your profile. Case in point as of this morning my CK TU score is 675 "fair" but really 795 actual FICO, as reported on here and several of my Credit Cards (Discover, Barclays, GE/Sync, etc).  Several years ago when I was near the finish of my rebuild  CK scores were 100+ points higher than my actual FICO scores. 

 

Capital one uses FICO scoring from all three CRA's to approve their credit cards, they do NOT use CK or CW, whats that tell you?


myFICO is super late with the updates.  My Experian website score (which is a real FICO) updated Monday and today Friday, still nothing from myFICO.  Offering real FICO scores is no benefit if the updates are old.  When the updates are that old, the "real" FICO scores become FAKO!

In the garden as of March 17, 2017.

Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Hilton Surpass $6K l Aviator Red $3.5K | Best Buy $6K | Amazon $6K | Chase $5K | BBVA $6K | UFCU $10K | NFCU $15K
Message 5 of 7
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one creditwise is faster than myfico 3b

There are other options available - I use scoring from varuous credit cards and keep an eye on CK, occationally look at EXP and have 3 CRA monitoring through Equifax (got it prepaid free due to a bank screw up, with unlimited reports but I don't pay the extra for scoring) but frankly IMO there is nothing better than MyFico.

 

You daily or weekly scores are something to watch, but not to obsess over which you seem to be doing. Frankly if you don't like the services offered here, don't use them - I've been around the block many times and IMO any short falls of this service are minor in the over all picture. 

 

No need to make multiple posts on various sub-forums on this subject.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: capital one creditwise is faster than myfico 3b


pipeguy wrote:

There are other options available - I use scoring from varuous credit cards and keep an eye on CK, occationally look at EXP and have 3 CRA monitoring through Equifax (got it prepaid free due to a bank screw up, with unlimited reports but I don't pay the extra for scoring) but frankly IMO there is nothing better than MyFico.

 

You daily or weekly scores are something to watch, but not to obsess over which you seem to be doing. Frankly if you don't like the services offered here, don't use them - I've been around the block many times and IMO any short falls of this service are minor in the over all picture. 

 

No need to make multiple posts on various sub-forums on this subject.


I am not obsessing.  I paid for a service and I expect that service.  I do not settle for less just because the competition does not offer as much.  I choose myFICO because it offers more.  I'm not going anywhere for service.  MyFICO offered xyz then I expect xyz.  If you don't care for my posts please don't read them.

In the garden as of March 17, 2017.

Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Hilton Surpass $6K l Aviator Red $3.5K | Best Buy $6K | Amazon $6K | Chase $5K | BBVA $6K | UFCU $10K | NFCU $15K
Message 7 of 7