cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does scorewatch count inquires in updates?

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

does scorewatch count inquires in updates?

my score has been floating around 640's-660's cause of balances from shopping in the holiday season. 

i had a few inquries age past a year in jan/feb on eq. 

my last update on the 13th was 655 and i pulled my eq from here and i was 682 

i did pay down about 2k in balances and lowered from 20% to about 12% (going even lower next month) 

i dont plan on applying for ANYTHING so this is just out curiousty? 

possible that scorewatch doesnt count inquries aging until a physical report pulled? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: does scorewatch count inquires in updates?

@creditnocash wrote:

my score has been floating around 640's-660's cause of balances from shopping in the holiday season. 

i did pay down about 2k in balances and lowered from 20% to about 12% (going even lower next month) 

possible that scorewatch doesnt count inquries aging until a physical report pulled? 

They count up to 12 months. Not every inquiry will impact your FICO. The damage also fades assuming there was a hit. Remember, the recentness of your new factors in that category too. If you had a bump consider the new TL aging at 12 months (I've had a few bumps at that). If no new TLs in the past year, then consider the aging of the accounts as a positive impact on FICO too. 20% to 12% could have resultd in that too.

Message 2 of 4
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

They count up to 12 months. Not every inquiry will impact your FICO. The damage also fades assuming there was a hit. Remember, the recentness of your new factors in that category too. If you had a bump consider the new TL aging at 12 months (I've had a few bumps at that). If no new TLs in the past year, then consider the aging of the accounts as a positive impact on FICO too. 20% to 12% could have resultd in that too.

scorewatch didnt report it yet though. it said i had no new alerts, so usually that means next day id be getting an alert. all the inqs that aged over a year i didnt get any accounts from (all denied)   

according to the math current util is 11% on that report, not including amex charge, and my car loan. 

my question was though say nothing changed besides an inq aged? your score "should" go up. would scorewatch have an alert for that or would you just have to wait for something else? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@creditnocash wrote:

my question was though say nothing changed besides an inq aged? your score "should" go up. would scorewatch have an alert for that or would you just have to wait for something else? 

I think you're making an assumption though that an inquiry hitting 12 months would result in a FICO increase. TLs hitting 12 months aside, I don't think any of my inquiries hitting 12 months resulted in an increase. Not saying it's impossible though. If you became 100% inquiry-free with no new TLs reporting in the past year then you could possibly see an increase. Some have posted that anyway. Just like a TL dropping, or a baddie dropping, if your EQ FICO increased due to a dropped inquiry, and if your new FICO hit or exceeded the target, then you'd get an alert when your score is monitored next (within 7-10 days). 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.