Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is score watch broken?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: is score watch broken?

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Haven't seen that one, huh? Over on Credit Cards, a member posted what seemed to be a pre-approval site with only a soft inq for Best Buy. In the spirit of inquiry, and mindful of my (purely self-assigned) moderator function of serving as an advance scout, I tried it out. It wasn't.

Curiosity killed the cat! Let me know if you need any electronic stuff. I'm good for up to $2500. Smiley Tongue

I know you exist to serve, but this is ridiculous  Smiley Very Happy

So BB and BandN.  Hmmmmmmmmm.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 71 of 90
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Haven't seen that one, huh? Over on Credit Cards, a member posted what seemed to be a pre-approval site with only a soft inq for Best Buy. In the spirit of inquiry, and mindful of my (purely self-assigned) moderator function of serving as an advance scout, I tried it out. It wasn't.

Curiosity killed the cat! Let me know if you need any electronic stuff. I'm good for up to $2500. Smiley Tongue

I know you exist to serve, but this is ridiculous Smiley Very Happy
So BB and BandN. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Please tell me that there aren't any more British banks doing business in the US. It seems to be a mini-theme.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 72 of 90
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Please tell me that there aren't any more British banks doing business in the US. It seems to be a mini-theme.

Just a few people with British Bank Accounts  Smiley Very Happy
Message 73 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Grumble, grumble*

Last week EQ emailed me that several disputed errors to my credit report were being updated/changed, but I recieved no alerts. So I called customer service and they told me that their system was "down" and I would have an alert by Thursday.  No such luck. 

I absolutely refuse to pay this site for my updated scores.
Message 74 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

5Perlz,

Whether you receive an alert on the updates/changes is entirely dependent upon when the changes are actually updated on the credit report itself.  If the notification was that they were being changed, they may not have necessarily been changed on the credit report itself.  And if they had actually been updated on the credit report, whether you receive an alert is dependent upon what the changes were.  If they were accounts being removed or balances being decreased, then Score Watch does not send a credit alert on these types of updates.  If the changes resulted in a score change only, i.e. not associated with a change on the credit report, then be aware that Score Watch checks score changes every 7-10 days.  I know, it's very confusing!  Please read the below Score Watch Guide that is posted at the top of this board, it makes alert processing easier to understand:

Message 75 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score watch is not updating like it used to. I have been a member for a long time. Furthermore the customer service when you try and call them is a joke!

I told them I am not happy it is not working and want to cancel. They are NOT allowing me to.
At least if I cancelled, I could re order and see my updated results, instead of paying for nothing.

Not happy with scorewatch
Message 76 of 90
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

jenknee wrote:

Not happy with scorewatch

I noticed - I read your last 3 posts!  Smiley Very Happy
Message 77 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to put fire on this thread once again. I'm on the Scorewatch Free trial period and have used the FICO complete reports as well. So far I like the product but have not received an alert yet.

How are things doing with Scorewatch? Is it working now as it is expected to?

It would be nice if bells would go off before my trial period ends. Thanks.
Message 78 of 90
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

ericksond wrote:

How are things doing with Scorewatch? Is it working now as it is expected to?

It would be nice if bells would go off before my trial period ends. Thanks.

There was a glitch a few weeks ago.  I have received alerts since then (including a score change with no triggering factor).  My scores are pretty stable though, and I don't figure on much happening at the moment, so 1 a month would be about what I expect
Message 79 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I have noticed is, that the first time I wasn't getting alerts I KNEW there would be a change in my score with paid off accounts and score changes on other free services.

The customer service representative told me I had no alerts because nothing has changed on my report.  I knew they were uncorrect.

After about 10 minutes of them going on and on, they finally cancelled it.

So I re ordered it and SURE enough my score had gone about about 40 points and had put me at a new mortgage rate. The WHOLE entire reason I was waiting for the results.

I called them back and told them my score alert was not working and that I had just reordered it to prove to them the change in score.

So, call it a glitch, or that it doesn't update for so many days, BUT I find that unacceptable when other credit alert services are sending me the alerts and myfico isnt.

Message 80 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.