Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my FICO listing 'wrong' information?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my FICO listing 'wrong' information?

I have been a subscriber to myFICO for several years.  My husband has also joined.  we monitor and 'babysit' our scores watching for errors and problems on a regular babsis.

We recently applied for a loan.  Based on the info in myFICO it should have gon through.  But when the bank ran our credit,  what they recieved was very different, and I do not understand.

I understand that credit scores fluxuate though out the day,  but the bank recieved a score for me that was 20 points higher.  and a score for my husband that was 50 points lower.  This just seems too much to be 'normal fluxuation'.  Further myFICO reports a collections (a reporting error that we are trying to dispute)  on my husbands report,  and the bank has it listed twice. 

My intent on purchasing myFICO is so that I was aware of what is going on in my report... but why aer the reports so different?  FYI the report I pulled from myFICO (and paid extra for it) was only two days beforethe bank pulled the score.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: my FICO listing 'wrong' information?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a subscriber to myFICO for several years.  My husband has also joined.  we monitor and 'babysit' our scores watching for errors and problems on a regular babsis.

We recently applied for a loan.  Based on the info in myFICO it should have gon through.  But when the bank ran our credit,  what they recieved was very different, and I do not understand.

I understand that credit scores fluxuate though out the day,  but the bank recieved a score for me that was 20 points higher.  and a score for my husband that was 50 points lower.  This just seems too much to be 'normal fluxuation'.  Further myFICO reports a collections (a reporting error that we are trying to dispute)  on my husbands report,  and the bank has it listed twice. 

My intent on purchasing myFICO is so that I was aware of what is going on in my report... but why aer the reports so different?  FYI the report I pulled from myFICO (and paid extra for it) was only two days beforethe bank pulled the score.

Why do you say "based on the info in myFICO it should have gon through."?

Also, who did your bank pull?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say it should have gone through because myFICO said I had 686 and my husband had a 668 .  which in my opinion is good and according to the bank it would have gone through at that.  but  mine came back at 701 and my husbands came back at 613 . 

They pulled all three.  Experian showed the same wrong information twice.  It is the same information we have challanged since April ad still they wont reply or remove.

I want to know why the reports are so different.  I pull experian it says  686  they pull it teh next day I have 701?  I could almost chalk that up to daily fluxuation.

But I cant say that about the difference on my husbands.  nor can I say that about why on myFICO the wrong info is only reported once,  while on 'The real thing' it is reported twice.

Message 3 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

You can't get a FICO for Experian on myFICO, so you must be getting your data from somewhere else?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope.  just wrote the wrong name.  I am working on 3 hours sleep total in the past few days

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

and now about 4 weeks after we were denyed credit because my husband had a 613 .....  his credit score has jumped over a hundred points and is now 721!!!

Message 6 of 9
redfabulous
New Visitor

i had the same type of problem. my score on this site showed 730. i went to the bank two days later to get a loan. they ran all three agencies and my score was only 703. i use this program because they say most banks use fico scores. its a national bank..i think they'd be included in "most" banks. what's the deal here? i'm due to re-up in five days for the year but i'm shopping around for other services now.
Message 7 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@redfabulous wrote:
i had the same type of problem. my score on this site showed 730. i went to the bank two days later to get a loan. they ran all three agencies and my score was only 703. i use this program because they say most banks use fico scores. its a national bank..i think they'd be included in "most" banks. what's the deal here? i'm due to re-up in five days for the year but i'm shopping around for other services now.

If your bank pulled a FICO score and if it was a Classic FICO, then one of the the three the bank gave you would match the EQ FICO pulled on here. I'm guessing you applied for a mortgage since all 3 were pulled. Now that 703 could be a mid-score (in the case of a mortgage) which means it could be an Experian FICO. Unfortunately, myFICO doesn't offer that; Experian blocked consumrer access to your own EX FICO. The TU FICO on here might not match. Most lenders are pulling a newer FICO version not found on myFICO, and not found anywhere on the web. But the EQ FICO would be spot on if both scores were pulled the same day.

There are plenty of services out there that offer scores. These include truecredit, freecreditreport, freecreditscore, creditkarma, creditsesame, creditkeeper, privacyguard, and probably 100 others. Unfortunately, none offer FICO scores. In fact, there is no service anywhere that offers your FICO scores together without the help of a lender. MyFICO.com is the only places that offers a TU and EQ FICOs together, and there is no service anywhere that give you a chance to buy your EX FICO. However, outside myFICO and your lender, there are some banks and CUs out there that will provide your EQ, TU, or EX FICO for free or at a reduced cost on a monthly, semi-annual, or annual basis. Check with your local CU to see if they offer that.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not heard of 'newer FICO scores'  is that a new way of calculating the score? 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.