Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO® Property Reports........not as stated, stay away

tag
firedogut
Established Member

myFICO® Property Reports........not as stated, stay away

I bought a myFICO® Property Reports for an address the other day.  Prior to buying the report you are giving a chance to see what will be included based on the address.   The address I was buying it for had everything checked except "Flood" information.    I figure that's no biggy and bought the report.  I really didn't care about the flood information. 

Well load and behold the report was lacking the Comparable Sales.  This is a main reason to buy the report.   I wanted to see what similar property in the area has been selling for.

There was also issues with some of the other data in the report including it listing the house in a School district that does not exists and pulling property values from over 18 months ago.   Myfico states the information is up to date and it wasn't.   Shoot I can go to the county's web page and see that the property value is 18 months old and not current.

I figure I would call up customer service and talk to them.  Well my answer was we do not refund for a property report once you have viewed it.  I explained what was missing and what was incorrect.  The agent stated she would transfer me to a supervisor for additional help.  The supervisor greeted me and then stated there would be no refund.  I ask if she had been filled in on what is going on and she stated yes and that myfico is not responsible for incomplete reports or reports with wrong information.     She stated that I should take this up with the city that reports the data.  I again tried to explain that myfico states certain information will be in the report and that it was not.   She started to get upset and would only say there would be  no refund and started to get an attitude. She stated that myfico only does Fico scores and are not responsible for any other report they sell.  I tired to explain that some of the data was left out and that some of it was incorrect even though the county is reporting the correct information.  She stated again and again once you view the report you can not get a refund for a report, end of subject.   I tired to talk to her about it more but she started to say if isn't anything else the call is completed.   I of course said there was and if this is   how they treat customers then I would like to cancel my other products (score watch).  She snapped back  it would be a pleasure.  I asked to cancel my wife's score watch also and she snapped back only one transaction per call, you need to call back and then she hung up.   

Is this really how myfico does business?  I want to sell one house and buy a new house later this year.   This is why I wanted score watch, my fico scores, and the property report.  Should I go else where to track my wife's and my credit reports over the next 6-9 months?

I love their Fico Scores and this community.   You guys have helped me increase my sister's score almost 100 points in 2 months.  I really don't know what to think.  Maybe I just got a supervisor who was having a bad day. 

Starting Score: TU: 790 EX:792
Current Score: TU: 804 EX:809
Goal Score: Both above 830

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
firedogut
Established Member

Re: myFICO® Property Reports........not as stated, stay away

Just logged into my account after the phone call.  So once they remove score watch you also lose all the reports that were made.   I no longer have my Equifax Score report.   This just gets better and better.  

Message 2 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Hi foredogut,

Sorry to hear about this experience.  It looks like after being escalated upward within myFICO customer service the charge for the property report was refunded.  I've referred this incident to the customer service manager for review of the rep's handling of your situation.

-Barry

Message 3 of 5
firedogut
Established Member

Thank-you so much.   This makes me think I just had a supervisor on a bad day.  You can always judge a company on how they handle mistakes or diffcult calls.   Myfico.com is with out a doubt stepping up to the plate on this one.  Again thank you

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes! A customer service rep, and especially a manager, should NEVER terminate a call on their end unless the customer is being completely abusive. That's very poor customer service. Neither of them addressed your real concern, since it seems to me that your concern was getting their reports corrected, and not about getting your $5 back. That is horrible.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.