cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO not showing account that triggered FICO score increase

tag
jgATL

myFICO not showing account that triggered FICO score increase

I recently paid off a number of credit cards with a bonus I received.  When the first credit card reported a zero balance on 11/9, the credit card that showed the balance decrease was listed on the score alert.  Since that point, my score has moved twice but the FICO alert no longer shows the actual item that caused the FICO score increase. 

What gives? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: myFICO not showing account that triggered FICO score increase

Hi jgATL,

Something other than a balance decrease had to have triggered that SW alert, since SW doesn't alert you to balance decreases.  Increases, yes, but decreases, no.  You do have a couple of score change alerts sent over the last few days that may be reflecting those balance payoffs.  Not sure what to else to tell you, other than be sure to re-set your target score.  And congrats over the score increases!

-Barry

Message 2 of 6
jgATL

Very odd, because my alert on 11/9 shows the score drop and the credit line that reported a lower balance (zero in this example).  The other two alerts show the score increase, but not what caused it.  

Is there another way for me to tell if a balance on an account has dropped?  I want to pull a SCORE power report but want to be sure all of the credit cards I've paid off show a zero balance before I pull it.

Thanks for the tip on the alerts.  I have already reset my score watch alerts to alert me above 730 so I'll get an immediate alert if it changes.  

Message 3 of 6
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

I paid off a bunch of cards also was waiting for it to hit SW.  I also subscribe to True Credit & could see on my TU reports what cards had hit...so, I impatiently waited a few days & didn't see anything on SW so I did another Score Power report & saw that all but 3 of my cards had hit EQ but it wasn't updating on SW & my score went up.  Now I just have to wait for the other 3 to hit.  I've called & emailed those 3 cards but can't them to do a mid-cycle report.  JCP was the only card that did!

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jgATL wrote:

Very odd, because my alert on 11/9 shows the score drop and the credit line that reported a lower balance (zero in this example).  The other two alerts show the score increase, but not what caused it.  

Is there another way for me to tell if a balance on an account has dropped?  I want to pull a SCORE power report but want to be sure all of the credit cards I've paid off show a zero balance before I pull it.

Thanks for the tip on the alerts.  I have already reset my score watch alerts to alert me above 730 so I'll get an immediate alert if it changes.  

I would recommend getting the EQ CMS from equifax.com. You'll be able to update your EQ file once a day and see any changes real time.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@jgATL wrote:

I would recommend getting the EQ CMS from equifax.com. You'll be able to update your EQ file once a day and see any changes real time.

Along with SW, I also have the ID Patrol CMS with EQ, the reason I like this product from EQ is that it allows me to refresh my report daily and whats even better is that I can lock and unlock (Freeze) my EQ report with the click of a mouse as often as I want, I also have the EQ app on my phone, I just log in and touch the lock or unlock button on my phone and whalaa, its 14.99 I think per month (cheap? no. but makes me feel more secure, so, to me that =priceless)

No score with the ID Patrol CMS from EQ, but I don't want a FAKO anyway, that's why I use SW product for that Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.