cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO score vs pull from TU

tag
tj88

myFICO score vs pull from TU

Why does myFico score recently pulled show a lower score then what my pull from TU (I did a tri pull from all 3 CRA's via annualcreditreport.com). The tri pull from TU shows all 600's (different scores but close) but myFico show high 500 for EQ. The pulls I did were only a couple days apart. Just wondering if anyone has some sort of explanation for this. What are my true scores? I don't know what to believe.

Also, would like to say thanks for all of the valuable info on this site. I have been doing a lot of reading, and learning!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myFICO score vs pull from TU

@tj88 wrote:

Why does myFico score recently pulled show a lower score then what my pull from TU (I did a tri pull from all 3 CRA's via annualcreditreport.com). The tri pull from TU shows all 600's (different scores but close) but myFico show high 500 for EQ. The pulls I did were only a couple days apart. Just wondering if anyone has some sort of explanation for this. What are my true scores? I don't know what to believe.

Also, would like to say thanks for all of the valuable info on this site. I have been doing a lot of reading, and learning!

Welcome!

While you can get scores from annualcreditreport.com when you order your free reports, none of the scores offered are FICO scores. They are non-FICO scores we call "FAKOs". Ignore them. Specifically the score pulled from TransUnion is a FAKO called a VantageScore. The Score offered from Equifax is a FAKO called an "Equifax Credit Score".  These have ranges of 501-990 and 350-850 respectively vs. FICO's 300-850. They factor in items that FICO does not and vice-versa.

You're limited on the places to get your FICO score.

You can only buy your EQ FICO from myFICO, your lender, or from Equifax.com (buyer beware: the scores they push are a FAKO, but your EQ FICO can be purchased through EQ).

You can only buy your TU FICO from myFICO or your lender.

Finally, you can only buy your EX FICO from your lender. As of a few years ago, Experian blocked consumer access to your own EX FICO.

Aside from the above, you can also get your FICO scores for free or at a reduced price. Banks and CUs will offer it as a benefit. M&T Bank, Unitus Community Credit Union, and Digital Credit Union each offer an EQ FICO. You can get your TU FICO from Wal-Mart or Merrick Bank if you have CCs with them. And you can get your EX FICO from PA State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) if you have a checking account with them. There are other CUs out there that will offer a FICO if you ask them as part of a benefit for being a member.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.