Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico - FAIL - CreditKarma sent Alert and myFico sends nothing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFico - FAIL - CreditKarma sent Alert and myFico sends nothing

I was expecting more from myFico by I guess I may be misunderstanding the service:

Yesterday I signed up for both CreaditKarma and myFico.

This morning I had a new inquiry on my Credit Report and received an alert from CreditKarma immediatly.

myFico - Still Silent. No Alert, nothing. 

I guess myFico credit monitoring is not really watching anything. 

Am I expecting too much to be notified by myFico when a new inquiry appears on my credit report?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Re: myFico - FAIL - CreditKarma sent Alert and myFico sends nothing

While it is a VERY GOOD service, MyFico will certainly never win awards for being speedy. It is typically 3-5 days behind CCT for me.

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it unacceptable that a free service (CreditKarma) and a Product Service (Capital One Credit Tracker) can both pick up the alert immediatly yet the most expensive paid service I have found so far cannot meet the same service quality as the free ones.

It is a shame the as consumers we have to subscribe to multiple services to get a full picture (mFico for real credit scores, others for alerts, yet others for monthly./weekly credit reports) I just wish there was a solution that would simply give us the credit scores that creditors use along with proper notification when our identity is being used and access to frequent reports. And if the service cannot provide adequate notification, then we should be able to pull a report more frequently that every 3 months. As an aside, it is also bad for to have to give all my sensative information out over the phone to be able to even talk to anyone at myFico. I should not have to tell strangers my SSN, birthdate, address and phone number (All information that is needed to steal identity) over the phone to discuss an issue with my account / their service.

Ok, rant off. Just frustrated.

Message 3 of 24
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Oh I could rant about so many things when it comes to credit. 

-why are we only allowed our own report once a year

-why is our score not free any time we want it

-why is the algorithm such a secret when it affects nearly everything we, as consumers, do financially

-why doesn't everyone use the same score and make it clear what they're using. 

but alas, the only answer is "because, that's why."

Message 4 of 24
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I find it unacceptable that a free service (CreditKarma) and a Product Service (Capital One Credit Tracker) can both pick up the alert immediatly yet the most expensive paid service I have found so far cannot meet the same service quality as the free ones.

It is a shame the as consumers we have to subscribe to multiple services to get a full picture (mFico for real credit scores, others for alerts, yet others for monthly./weekly credit reports) I just wish there was a solution that would simply give us the credit scores that creditors use along with proper notification when our identity is being used and access to frequent reports. And if the service cannot provide adequate notification, then we should be able to pull a report more frequently that every 3 months. As an aside, it is also bad for to have to give all my sensative information out over the phone to be able to even talk to anyone at myFico. I should not have to tell strangers my SSN, birthdate, address and phone number (All information that is needed to steal identity) over the phone to discuss an issue with my account / their service.

Ok, rant off. Just frustrated.

My sentiments exactly. I went off about the product on some other thread. I pretty much dropped the 3 bureau monitoring service because Experian was extremely slow. I mean 2 months slow when I knew for certain, via american express, that my score had changed. So i dropped it and went with CCT which is better by far and I get a free report from all bureaus once a month along with a daily report from Experian. Sure, I dont get the mortgage scores along with the other fico scores but its all good. I rarely look at those anyway. I am also paying half the price people pay for the 3 bureau monitoring. At $17 a month, I will take that any day. Only downside is CCT does not have an IOS app. But I can deal with that.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for the yearly subscripting here at myFico. what is CCT mean. I will check them out

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I signed up for the yearly subscripting here at myFico. what is CCT mean. I will check them out

CCT = Creditchecktotal :-)

Message 7 of 24
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Glad I found this, I was about to sign up and drop Experians credit tracker. Think I will keep it now, it even beats CK to the punch on HP's and other changes. If only Experian offered to monitor all 3. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 8 of 24
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Glad I found this, I was about to sign up and drop Experians credit tracker. Think I will keep it now, it even beats CK to the punch on HP's and other changes. If only Experian offered to monitor all 3. 

So who did you end up signing with? myFICO or CCT?

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 9 of 24
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@jawbrkr wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

So who did you end up signing with? myFICO or CCT?

I use Barclays Fico8 for my TU score, Experian's Credit Tracker for my Exp Fico 8 and Still looking for someone who offers the the Equifax FICO 8 but it doesn't seem to be possible. I use Credit Karma for that one for now. I would do myFico but for quarterly and slow updates, not worth the price. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.