Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico Score Watch Grievance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFico Score Watch Grievance

July marked the 1 year anniversary of being a Score Watch subscriber.  As a result, my monthly renewal fee was increased (due to the discount expiring which makes sense).  The complaint I have is most people do not take a second look at when the expiration date is going to strike and the increased rate is going to apply.  I feel that an E-Mail alert should be triggered to warn the user of this happening.   The discounted rate was the only reason I was a monthly subscriber.  At $12.95 / month, I do not feel the $155.40 / year is worth it to me seeing as my credit scores / reports have been stable for the past 6 months.

After calling support, I was told that there was nothing that could be done about the $12.95 charge (you would think if I renew with a promotional code I could at least receive a credit for being a consistent customer) and I would need to cancel my account and renew it using a promotional code.  As of now my account will be cancelled toward the end of August.  I would glady continue to be a subscriber at the discounted rate I received before, but after the call I had I feel as if my monthly business for myFico may be coming to an end after this month.

*Edit: I just read on another post that an E-Mail was indeed supposed to be sent alerted me of the change... so I went back and confirmed I never received one.  I have all of my other E-Mails from SW though.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: myFico Score Watch Grievance

Hi Cyan007,

Yes, you should have received an email advising that SW was about to renew at the going rate these days.  Do you have a promotional code?  (it wasn't clear to me whether you did or not)  If so, I'd strongly recommend canceling and re-subscribing using a code.  If you do this, you'll lose access to any credit reports you've received through SW, but you'll retain a complete record of your scores and alerts.

If you have a promo code, give it a try.  Or if you don't and don't want to continue with your subscription, let me know and I can refund your last $12.95 payment and stop all further charges.

-Barry

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.