Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico score "false alarms"

tag
Viktor
Established Member

myFico score "false alarms"

Happy New 2014!!!!

I just wanted to put this out in case someone else knows about it. I've received an alert just today 01/01/2014 in the morning, "Score Watch has detected a FICO Score Change", when I go and log in, my 738 dropped to a 665..... I was in shock!

Okay, seemingly it was due to some "60-day or more late payments" or "derrogatory items". Of course, this is not true. I don't have any past due items. I went and purchased an updated report with score and guess what? My score is 742 no past-due events or anything. 

Are anyone of you familiar to this? - I also went to equifax.com and tried filing a dispute for such "60-day derrogatory" and I found none. Thanks for such an excellent website/forum/blog family.

"You can't direct the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

Starting Score: TU:517, EX:523, EQ:517
Current Score: TU:690 EX:731 EQ:736
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Viktor
Established Member

Re: myFico score "false alarms"

So, I've decided to attach some screenshots to support my post. Here you go:

Equifax Report Card

Message 2 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I didn't experience this new-year glitch, but you could trying calling customer service. If you actually paid for the new report, maybe they would credit you back some money, or give you an extra free-pull.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 17
Viktor
Established Member

So it happened again today. Wake up in the morning just to find the annoying "665" credit alert on the dashboard.... same reasons (derogatory, missed payments blah blah).... went again and pulled a new score/report and it's actually 739.... this is starting to annoy me. I'm even thinking of cancelling the subscription. I haven't called myFico but this time I think I will.

Message 4 of 17
Scupra
Super Contributor

If you do call please keep us updated! Sorry for your mishap!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 17
Viktor
Established Member

I so called.... and was treated to an unexpectedly rude actittude by a customer representative. He failed to understand that I need good credit to remain employed.... he never listened of what I was trying to say and instead insisted that something was actually wrong with my credit (like I was lying or something). I told him I even purchased an Equifax report to see if there was something wrong in there, ready to dispute, but found nothing. Then, after 31 minutes of struggle, he changed his defense and said it was due to my credit history being too short. I explained him that a normal person will see that nobody can change the credit history on the same day from "long" to "short" and then a few days after change it all over again. It is just impossible! Then he changed again his defense and said this time: "Your credit score is being recalculated... that's why you are getting the alerts, but there is no need to purchase a new report as the score updated itself see?" This is incredible. He never saw that it was due to me purchasing the credit report that the score changed back to the 700's... I of course didn't receive any alerts... 

So he failed to understand again. Well, no refunds, no free pulls. I got nothing from them, not even an acknowledgment of this obvious false alarms occurring. So I decided since I got nothing from them, they should get nothing from me. I cancelled all my subscriptions to myFico. I'm really sick of these alerts being bogus. I bet you all agree with me, of you receiving alerts every days or so, knowing you did nothing to affect your credit life, you WILL be worried? What they expect me to do? Ignore the alarms? Put my job in jeopardy? Sad.

Message 6 of 17
noobafterbk
Contributor

So Equifax got some additional money from you, do you need any more reason to question the alert?  In my experience EQ has been the most difficult, unprofessional and downright misleading of all the CRA's. I had to call them three times to get my free credit report because they 'couldnt verify my information' well that might be because their verification was asking me payment amounts on accounts I held nine years ago and the date the account was opened eight years ago. My feeling it was just a ruse to get me to purchase was im legally entitled too for free. 

Message 7 of 17
Viktor
Established Member

Dear MyFico:

I came back to the subscription program again after a while, thinking of getting you a second chance. Everything was happy and sunny until you decided my credit score had changed again......to a lower one. Reasons? Same as before, "serious delincuency, 30 or more days late". So, I've pulled yet another report from the free ones and guess what, my score was up, not lower as you my dear MYFICO, reported. It was 696 and you reported 640. A FALSE ALARM AGAIN.  I hope someone will explain this to me. Because now, I am soooo pissed off...

Sincerely, 

Your Most-Angry-Of-All customer

Message 8 of 17
Onthe27thday
Regular Contributor

Im sorry about them dropping the ball. I would be super annoyed! I just want to say though, that you have done an AWESOME job raising your score since January Smiley Happy That's something to be proud of. Hope myFico makes it right for you.

Starting Score (Oct '13): 473 (EX), Current Score: MyFICO EX: 713 EQ: 715 TU: 717, Goal Score: 740 & above. Capital One Quicksilver: $2250, Discover IT: $9500, Chase Amazon Store Card: $2600, Care Credit: $15000, Barclays Rewards: $1850 BCE: 20,000, PenFed Visa Sig: 7,000 NFCU cashRewards $24,600
Message 9 of 17
Viktor
Established Member

I accomplished nothing, Onthe27thday. If you look closely, I got two different Alerts on New Year for two different scores: 665 and 742. I had maintained a good score since way before December. It's MyFico's fault to present me with these stupid false alarms. I never had 665 score and when it happened, TWICE, they never made it up for me. I dropped from the subscription and came back again a few weeks ago, just to find the same stupid mistakes they are doing. Driving me crazy. I went to Equifax and purchased a full-report, nothing in there. It is MyFico and MyFico's only fault of being such a lame service.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.