Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Changes to existing PRs"

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

"Changes to existing PRs"

IRS tax lien was removed on 1/4 from EQ.  I have confirmed it by looking at my file.  When will myFICO's SW pick it up and let me know what my new score is (if it changes at all)?  That would be one of the "changes" it talks about, right?  I really am not ready to use my 2nd freebie just yet.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: "Changes to existing PRs"

The score is monitored every week or so. Assuming nothing else happens that could trigger an alert like increased balances, you should get a score alert within a week, provided the PR drop resulted in a score change. Of course, you have to make sure that target score was set correctly too. If set below your current score, you won't get an alert if your score increased. If set too high, you might miss it too.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

The score is monitored every week or so. Assuming nothing else happens that could trigger an alert like increased balances, you should get a score alert within a week, provided the PR drop resulted in a score change. Of course, you have to make sure that target score was set correctly too. If set below your current score, you won't get an alert if your score increased. If set too high, you might miss it too.

I keep my target score set at my exact current EQ FICO, this way I'm alerted of ANY changes to my score.

As an example my SW "target" score is set at 802 now, you can easily change your target score in the "settings" tab, within your SW page, you should see 5 tabs right above "Welcome to Score Watch" and the setting tab is the last tab on the right. Click that and the very first alert option is your target score, I highy recommend setting it at your exact current EQ FICO.

Hope you see a nice score increase.

Best of Luck.

Message 3 of 13
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Thank you both.  I do keep my score watch set right at the score b/c I tend to be a bit obsessive about it.  I'm an info-junkie!  One thing I have learned in this journey is PATIENCE, so I will hang out for a week and see what happens.

I would think that I would see at least a small point gain for the removal of what had still been showing as an unpaid lien that was 3 years old.  Something, ANYthing would be welcome at this point!

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thankfulheart wrote:

Thank you both.  I do keep my score watch set right at the score b/c I tend to be a bit obsessive about it.  I'm an info-junkie!  One thing I have learned in this journey is PATIENCE, so I will hang out for a week and see what happens.

I would think that I would see at least a small point gain for the removal of what had still been showing as an unpaid lien that was 3 years old.  Something, ANYthing would be welcome at this point!

Thanks again.

You and me both!!!

I give you credit for having the patience to wait for the alert, I would have purchased my EQ report the day I knew it was off my EQ fileSmiley Very Happy

Please do let us know what the results are if you would not mind.

I'm hoping for a very nice score increase for you.

Best of Luck.

Message 5 of 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I wish SW's Simulator worked off one's most recent alert score.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Still waiting. Patiently. I haven't had a SW update since 12/28?  Did I mention that I was patient??? Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to give it to you, I would have broke down by now and got it already,  hope you get an alert soon, and a good increase in points!!

Message 8 of 13
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

OK, folks it's been 6 days since the lien was removed.  It's been 13 days since my last SW update.  What GIVES??? Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's still inside a week...I'd give it a couple of days before thinking about it.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.