Frequent Contributor
PayingTheBills

"Sure, we'll cancel your subscription and still charge you for next month."

I called a few minutes ago to cancel my Scorewatch subscription. I'm to the point in my credit repair where I only need to see my FICO score once or twice a year. I've been getting billed between the 18th and 20th of every month, so I called today figuring I had timed it right.

I went through the process of canceling the subscription, and I asked the rep to confirm that I had called in time to not be charged for an additional month.

She replied, "Yes, it renews on the 15th, so you've already been billed." So I said, "Wait, I've already paid through the 14th of NEXT month, and you didn't think to mention that to me as I was canceling?" She replied, "Sorry, we do not offer refunds on monthly subscriptions."

Wow. 

It's only $7.16, but the principal is enough of a reason for me to not buy scores through MyFico.com again if thats how they treat customers.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 715 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Administrator Emeritus
Barry

Re: "Sure, we'll cancel your subscription and still charge you for next month."

Sorry to hear that. :smileysad: Your refund has been issued and you should have received an email confirming it. Thanks for letting us know!
In a past life I served as FICO consumer affairs manager and myFICO Forums community manager from 2007 to 2012. I'm now freelance writing about credit at SpeakingOfCredit.com.
Frequent Contributor
PayingTheBills

Re: "Sure, we'll cancel your subscription and still charge you for next month."

Thanks Barry, I guess I just got a negative Nancy when I called.

:thumbsup:

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 715 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}