Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sure, we'll cancel your subscription and still charge you for next month."

tag
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

"Sure, we'll cancel your subscription and still charge you for next month."

I called a few minutes ago to cancel my Scorewatch subscription. I'm to the point in my credit repair where I only need to see my FICO score once or twice a year. I've been getting billed between the 18th and 20th of every month, so I called today figuring I had timed it right.

I went through the process of canceling the subscription, and I asked the rep to confirm that I had called in time to not be charged for an additional month.

She replied, "Yes, it renews on the 15th, so you've already been billed." So I said, "Wait, I've already paid through the 14th of NEXT month, and you didn't think to mention that to me as I was canceling?" She replied, "Sorry, we do not offer refunds on monthly subscriptions."

Wow. 

It's only $7.16, but the principal is enough of a reason for me to not buy scores through MyFico.com again if thats how they treat customers.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: "Sure, we'll cancel your subscription and still charge you for next month."

Sorry to hear that. Smiley Sad Your refund has been issued and you should have received an email confirming it. Thanks for letting us know!
Message 2 of 3
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Sure, we'll cancel your subscription and still charge you for next month."

Thanks Barry, I guess I just got a negative Nancy when I called.

:thumbsup:

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.