Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score watch alert does not work

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: score watch alert does not work

In your prev. post, you mentioned you paid $17. Was that via Equifax.com or myFICO?

Message 11 of 24
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I get so many updates, it had started to become annoying - as I would not be in front of a PC, and I would want to adjust the target score STAT and would have to do it on my small 4in phone screen.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry it was 19.95$ the report was pulled on Myfico

Message 13 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Per the 2nd report, if you click into the SW product bar, and look under the graph, you should see an option for the 2nd report. Now I always thought the 2nd report wasn't available until you have been subscribed for at least 3 months, but someone corrected me. If that 2nd report isn't showing (w/ the first being used when subscribed), then you should see an option for 30% off future EQ FICO reports. If you do pull a FICO report again do so via that link and you'll save $6 or so. I had been on here for a year paying full price when I realized I could have been saving all along.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i see the 30% reduced price, but why should i be buying it and see the updated score. The score watch should trigger this. On 31st i knew there was a change but didnt get any alert. I purchased it and saw a increase in the score. After 2 hours of purchase i get an alert saying my score has changed.

I dont think the monitroring is happening correctly, or will this happen only when you finish off your trial period and become a memeber.

Message 15 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Remember though that your EQ FICO is monitored at least weekly, as opposed to daily. If you got a score alert, absent a credit alert for the change in that CC, then it falls back to the monitoring only. If you pulled a new EQ FICO report 3-4 days after subscribing, and saw the score change in the new report, followed by a score alert hours later showing you what you already knew, then that score alert came timely. For best results, immediately set your target score to match your last known score.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just pulled a daily report from EQ site to see that a change in both score and an account had been deleted. So... I logged on to MYFICO and bought a new sw report for the real fico score. ( I am subscribed to SW btw). My score actually increased  by six points but no alert. At least I get the 30% off, but I have been doubting SW reliability for a few months now.

Message 17 of 24
jon31
Established Member

The exact same thing happened to me. i am cancelling today

Message 18 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just pulled a daily report from EQ site to see that a change in both score and an account had been deleted. So... I logged on to MYFICO and bought a new sw report for the real fico score. ( I am subscribed to SW btw). My score actually increased  by six points but no alert. At least I get the 30% off, but I have been doubting SW reliability for a few months now.

SW (and every other service out there) does not alert to dropped accounts. Your score isn't monitored daily either. When did the TL drop?

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am aware it does not monitor deletions, but I thought it monitors score changes.  The item fell off yesterday at some point.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.