Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score watch alert does not work

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

score watch alert does not work

Hi

I had subscribed for the free trail on 27th and set my alerts, on 30th my Equifax had changes in account and score but Myfico has not pushed any alert. I called up the service desk and complained on the same. I pulled a new report on 30th and i had a score change and as soon as i pulled the report i had alerts coming saying your score has gone up. Whats the point in getting an alert after paying 17$. It has been 7 days i have not seen any alerts, my equifax report has 2 score changes in these 7 days and no alerts on Myfico. Does this alert work in the first place. if i have to keep buying new reports to see the score then why have a membership in the first place.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: score watch alert does not work

What changed on EQ to trigger those score changes?

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score has changed in equifax, one cc account that was not reported from last year has started to report back again
Message 3 of 24
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I get alerts all the time, at least once a week, usually more frequent than that even.  Did you set your target score to your current score?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the target score is set to current score only.

Message 5 of 24
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Maybe you need to give it a day after the changes hit your reports.  I think SW pulls the reports once a day, but there is no way to know if it pulls before or after the change was made.  ie:  I received an email today that EQ finished my last dispute investigation and I received the changes that I asked for.  I then pulled my reports from my USAA CMS and noticed that the EQ changes that EQ emailed me about were not on the report yet.  I bet they will be there by tomorrow, though, and expect to get a SW alert either tomorrow or the following day.  I am not going to pay for an extra report immediately after I see the change on my CMS.  That would be a waste of money.  Personally, I only use SW to monitor my score, not to monitor my credit reports.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, did you get any alert for that CC? Did the DOLA or last reported date change at all in the past year? If it did not change for one year, and the report you got with SW when you subscribed does show a Date Reported of mid to early 2011, then I would have guess that you would have received an alert when that changed. I would have guessed an alert within a day or two of that change.

OP, do you know what day it did change?

I take it you are using a CMS from Equifax.com? If so, ignore the score. That isn't a FICO score. Just because that FAKO score changes it doesn't mean your FICO would change too. Your FAKO from Equifax can increase and your FICO can decrease, and vice-versa. Never correlate the two. However, the report info is good and I've used some of their services before like Credit Complete.

Also to note, a change in the account, or updating, doesn't mean your FICO would change too.

SW has two different types of alerts. One is a credit alert and the other a score alert. If that account had not updated any of its dates since last year, then IMO, you should have received the alert. If your FICO changed it would have come with the alert. If there wasn't enough info with that credit update, and nothing changed to trigger a credit alert, then the fall back is a score alert. Your FICO is monitored weekly for changes provided your FICO changes and is based off the target score. So, if your FICO changed, which it may or may not have, then you'd get that alert within a week or so when it is monitored next.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last reported date on the CC was May 2011 and now the new report has current month, this happend on 4th and today is 7th. This should have triggred an alert but there is none.

Also i have seen people saying you get two reports as free, i only got one there is no second one as free

Message 8 of 24
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also i have seen people saying you get two reports as free, i only got one there is no second one as free

There is the report you got when you signed up, plus the power score report that you pulled = 2 free

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The power score report i pulled on 31st was a paid report not a free one

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.