Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score watch alert listed twice

tag
red456
Valued Member

score watch alert listed twice

I got a score watch alert and it has my only credit card listed twice with  a $34 balance. The balance is correct but I only have one card. How can I take care of that? If this question is in the wrong place and you know where it goes, please send it on its way.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: score watch alert listed twice

It has to do with your alert settings. While both are for the exact same account, one alert would be if your balance increases by $x and the other alert would be for a balance increase of x%. When you log in, you can go into your setting and elect not to receive alerts based on a fixed percentage. This way, you won't get alerted to balances increases on the percentage-basis, but would still get them if your balance increased by $x (whatever you set that as). This would eliminate the double alert.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always receive the same thing **one alert with the same card listed twice**

I just figured it was a glitch, but was happy that SW did it's job and alerted me, and now with IIecs reply, I now know why it always listed the same card twice.

Thank you IIecs for your reply, you just taught me something that had me stumped for some time now.

Message 3 of 5
red456
Valued Member

Thank you, I just did't want both of those to cause my score to go down.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red456 wrote:

Thank you, I just did't want both of those to cause my score to go down.

You have no worries, it's just two dirrerent alerts for one card, one alert from the dollar amount (went up or down) and the other alert was from the percentage change (that went up or down).

Credit to IIecs for teaching me thatSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.