Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score watch used to work wonderfully... now not so much

tag
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Re: score watch used to work wonderfully... now not so much

To summarize this thread (and others), we are definately a fast food, and simplicity society. As we drive up to the window to order and pay or charge, we expect to get notified that our score has changed before we exit the drive in. Having four factors, your creditor, the credit agency, and myFICO's SW, and me with my settings makes it hard to figure exactly where to point the finger or go look first. Some here wanna yell first, figure it out second, others, like me, are a bit more patient. Me personally, I don't like to find out that I set my notification to something other than my current score, and because of my missing this, I yelled, blamed someone else, but I was at fault. Sometimes I think this has got to be simplier than it seems LOL.

Issues that I know I need to be considerate of is:

1: Creditor - runs account batch on your statement date, may transmit to EQ daily, weekly, maybe monthly? Jack can batch the file, give to Jill to transmit, Jill is out for a couple days, and I talk to Mary, and Mary says Jack transmitted it on the statement date, or put it in the batch. Remember Mary is only CS. I definately see that reporting from NAVY FCU is much quicker than my motorcycle card.

2: EQ can receive file, run it through checks, que it, post/work on it daily, weekly. Same issues can come up Creditor has.

3: myFICO - how do they do it? do they log into EQ weekly, or does EQ send myFICO a weekly update batch file? What information is compared, and how frequent are the comparisons made? Remember, certain things we might wanna know, aren't in the contract, ie balance decreases.

Good stuff in this thread everyone. Thanks, and keep up the scientific process. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by Karatz on 12-11-2009 03:35 AM
TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.