Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scorewatch question?

tag
jru577
New Contributor

scorewatch question?

Today I got a note on TC that my EQ had a change. I had sent a letter to SM servicing to correct a student loan they had listed as a "bankruptcy" and were showing a $3500 balance but this loan was actually transferred when i consolidate. The balance only appeared on TU, but they updated EQ. Not sure why.

Anywho - I did NOT get a ScoreWatch alert in my email, but when I logged onto myfico, my EQ score was one point higher at 618 and when clicked it, it said that my score had reached my target of 618(which I had set). Is it possible that my score is actually HIGHER? Should i buy my score?

Any chance that SM Servicing (sallie mae) will actually UPDATE TU where the mistake actually was?

I appreciate your thoughts on this!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Eric958
Established Contributor

Re: scorewatch question?

I would set your target score to your current score of 618. I didn't have much luck with alerts from SW but when I did my target was set to my current score at the time. A csr advised me to do that. Save your money for your expenses of correcting your report.As long as no new baddies are updating to your report you know its improving! E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 2 of 3
Mindnumb
New Contributor

Re: scorewatch question?

My experience with Scorewatch is unless there is a major change in some account, it will not update. I buy all three scores from MyFico from time to time and The MyFico EQ FICO score usually leads the EQ EQ FICO score by 1 to 3 days, and by as much as 20 points.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.