Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulator suggestion

tag
casmith1980
Established Contributor

simulator suggestion

wouldn't it be nice if the simulator feature had an option to show what your score would do if a baddie were to disappear?

is this even possible to implement?

Thanks!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: simulator suggestion

i would love it!!!

Message 2 of 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Rock on i would like that too!

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

It's just my personal opinion and I have nothing to base it on but I think there is purpose in limiting the number of options in any FICO simulator/estimator. The less options there are the harder it is for anyone to decipher and reverse engineer the scoring algorithms that FICO uses. It's protecting their intellectual property/trademark.

JMO.

Edited to correct a typo.

Message 4 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

you darn smart marines, you just know everything!  Smiley Tongue

(that's a pretty good theory, though)

Message 5 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

While Marine's comments are true, in that the simulator is designed to prevent reverse engineering, it's a very interesting suggestion that I don't believe I've heard before.  I agree it would be a good feature for those of you with old baddies about to drop off or perhaps you're contemplating sending GW letters, etc. 

My first thought was that it would encourage unethical credit repair, i.e. disputing what you know to be accurate, and it certainly can be expected to do so.  But I can also see it discouraging as much as encouraging such tactics, as people would see how little of a score increase they're likely to see from these kinds of disputes. Especially when removed trade lines reappear!

Thanks for the suggestion, casmith1980.  I'll pass it on to our product development folks.

-Barry

Message 6 of 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Right, but if that were the case, the person cant really expect to stay at what score the simulator said... lol.... and its not a guarantee either

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 7 of 8
casmith1980
Established Contributor

@Barry wrote:

While Marine's comments are true, in that the simulator is designed to prevent reverse engineering, it's a very interesting suggestion that I don't believe I've heard before.  I agree it would be a good feature for those of you with old baddies about to drop off or perhaps you're contemplating sending GW letters, etc. 

My first thought was that it would encourage unethical credit repair, i.e. disputing what you know to be accurate, and it certainly can be expected to do so.  But I can also see it discouraging as much as encouraging such tactics, as people would see how little of a score increase they're likely to see from these kinds of disputes. Especially when removed trade lines reappear!

Thanks for the suggestion, casmith1980.  I'll pass it on to our product development folks.

-Barry

I completely agree that this should not be used for unethical repair, but basically what I was hoping for it to do is to give me an idea of whether or not I should send GW letters to delete something that will inevitably fall of my report in 6-12 months.  If the estimated increase isn't "substantial", then maybe it would be best to hold off and focus on other pressing items.

I know this board gets clogged with "so, this is being removed, how much will I see in my score?" posts (I'm guilty!!!) and it would give myfico.com another edge on offering something that the other CMS providers don't have Smiley Wink

Either way - thank you very much for passing along the idea!!!!!!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.