Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some feedback?

tag
morganirish
Regular Contributor

some feedback?

I have been a SW customer for awhile.  I know there are many people who have had problems with the service so I just thought I would contribute some info.  For a time I had been having problems and it took awhile with cs but finally got it resolved.   Today I received a SW alert which said "you have no SW alerts.  Just for curiosity I pulled my report and yes my score went up.  I won't cancel because I like being able to look at score history etc.    The only problem that really bothers me is I feel as if , I have to believe that it is a service that works most of the time.   Just thought I would put my two-cents in.  (and I do change my score settings everytime I pull a report).

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: some feedback?

I know exactly how you feel. My last score update was 3/4/11. I have since payed off 2 cards in full and have about 20% UTIL from 92% on a third. . Have not received a single point increase on over a month,.

Message 2 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@morganirish wrote:

I have been a SW customer for awhile.  I know there are many people who have had problems with the service so I just thought I would contribute some info.  For a time I had been having problems and it took awhile with cs but finally got it resolved.   Today I received a SW alert which said "you have no SW alerts.  Just for curiosity I pulled my report and yes my score went up.  I won't cancel because I like being able to look at score history etc.    The only problem that really bothers me is I feel as if , I have to believe that it is a service that works most of the time.   Just thought I would put my two-cents in.  (and I do change my score settings everytime I pull a report).

Hi morganirish,

Not sure why you weren't alerted to that score change.  If you read this board regularly you probably know that I'm about to say:  it can take up to 10 days to get a score change alert.  As a result you still may get that alert.  Regardless, we've added a free report to your SW subscription to make up for the one you just pulled.

-Barry

Message 3 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I know exactly how you feel. My last score update was 3/4/11. I have since payed off 2 cards in full and have about 20% UTIL from 92% on a third. . Have not received a single point increase on over a month,.

Hi InDallas,

Good news!  Looks like you were sent a score change alert today.  Congrats!

-Barry

Message 4 of 7
DustyStash
Valued Member

Morgan I just want to second your post and say I've basically had the exact same thing happen the past 3 weeks.  I too, have my score setting set 1 point over what my current score is now.  I had an account removed from my EQ on 3/21/11 that should have resulted in a score increase. It's now 4/9/11 and still never received a SW alert for it. I finally broke down and used my last ScorePower Report a few days ago on 4/6/11 to see score had gone up 39 points.

I know SW doesn't see or alert to accounts that have been removed, but if I'm understanding it correctly, it by default checks for score changes every 7-10 days or so. Should have caught this 39 point increase since its now been 19 days now. What I did get in the meanwhile all this time, was emails saying no SW alerts this week. So for whatever reason, it didn't check my score weekly like it seems its supposed to. Bummer I had to waste the last ScorePower to check what SW should have been checking on its own. So you're not alone, its happened to at least me too. Thanks for posting though, glad to know its not just me.   

Message 5 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@DustyStash wrote:

Morgan I just want to second your post and say I've basically had the exact same thing happen the past 3 weeks.  I too, have my score setting set 1 point over what my current score is now.  I had an account removed from my EQ on 3/21/11 that should have resulted in a score increase. It's now 4/9/11 and still never received a SW alert for it. I finally broke down and used my last ScorePower Report a few days ago on 4/6/11 to see score had gone up 39 points.

I know SW doesn't see or alert to accounts that have been removed, but if I'm understanding it correctly, it by default checks for score changes every 7-10 days or so. Should have caught this 39 point increase since its now been 19 days now. What I did get in the meanwhile all this time, was emails saying no SW alerts this week. So for whatever reason, it didn't check my score weekly like it seems its supposed to. Bummer I had to waste the last ScorePower to check what SW should have been checking on its own. So you're not alone, its happened to at least me too. Thanks for posting though, glad to know its not just me.   

Hi DustyStash,
While I would caution against drawing the conclusion that the score increased based on the removal of an account, we have added a free EQ report to your SW subscription.  Unfortunately, we (FICO) are not able to determine when your score actually changed or why, so it's hard to say whether you were properly alerted to the score change or not.  Congrats on the 39 point increase! 
-Barry

Message 6 of 7
DustyStash
Valued Member

Well thank you Barry !   I'm fairly certain of the event/s that caused the score change, and they happened on 3/21/11 and another of smaller importance a few days later, the 25th I believe.  Undoubtedly what affected the score. Your caution is fair though.  Scorewatch has always been good to me regarding alerts, which is why I was really wondering this last time. I guess it was just a quirk the past month or so maybe. I didn't realize there were other posts regarding this before I posted, my apologies.  For now, I'll stay a happy customer of SW.  Thanks for making it right !  Best wishes 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.