Frequent Contributor
new_earth

strange problem with paying for SW

I had the SW free trial, used a certain debit card to register. It was one I won't be using anymore so at the time it only had a few dollars on it. When I decided I wanted to actually keep the service, I called to change my payment information to my main bank account, and was offered the $9.95 per month rate. For the last 2 weeks they were unable to process my payment. Makes no sense. The new debit card info I gave them is perfectly fine and I have plenty of money in my account. It's my regular bank card. After calling twice to ask them what's up with not being billed yet they had to re-enter my card info again. Still never debited from my account, and now I just logged into my account and my service is gone, no more SW. Tells me to pay $14.95 or whatever to continue service. So confused....so I guess I just got another 10 days free of SW and now it's gone.

Oh well, I'm actually gonna let it go. I just got a generous number of new CC's (mostly store) so it might be better for me to not see any of the damage until I start using them and paying them off. I did just sign up for daily pulls from eliminateidtheft.com, so I will just watch my activity on there. Maybe one day down the line I can just pay for a real FICO score and see where I stand at that point.

But, very strange! There is absolutely nothing wrong with my debit card or bank account. Maybe their system just has a hard time updating payment information. Oh well, $10 saved per month. It was fun while it lasted....

The Duck Card $7500 - DCU Visa Platinum $7100 - Amex Everyday $5000 - Amex Delta Skymiles $7700 - Amex BCE $2000 - Discover it $2500 - Chase Marriott $5000 - Chase Freedom $3500 - Chase Slate $2000 - Barclay Rewards MC $3300 - Ebates Visa $1800 - Macy's Amex $3000 - Bloomingdale's Amex $3000 - Walmart Discover $6000 - Chevron-Texaco Visa $3300 - PayPal SC $3200 - Home Depot $5000 - and too many other store cards
Valued Contributor
lg8302ch

Re: strange problem with paying for SW

Similar struggle with payment issues here (used secure online number/virtual cc)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Sniff-MyFico-kicked-me-out-of-SW-subscriptio...

Did you write to support? Got the answer that they will look into the payment issues and reply in 3-5 business days. Let's hope for an answer next week.

FICO® EQ 800 (as of today) - TU 778 (10/28) * Fako EX 803 (11/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Silver Spade Garden Club member *

Frequent Contributor
new_earth

Re: strange problem with paying for SW

I haven't written to anyone, I called like 3 times in the last 2 weeks to find out why my card was never charged and they couldn't figure it out. They would just re-enter my information again and thought it would go through. It never did. I'm honestly just gonna let it go for now. Between the eliminateidtheft.com subscription I have now, having to pay off collection accounts to improve my credit, and start using all my new CC's, I'm better off not paying another $10 for something. It is really strange though!

The Duck Card $7500 - DCU Visa Platinum $7100 - Amex Everyday $5000 - Amex Delta Skymiles $7700 - Amex BCE $2000 - Discover it $2500 - Chase Marriott $5000 - Chase Freedom $3500 - Chase Slate $2000 - Barclay Rewards MC $3300 - Ebates Visa $1800 - Macy's Amex $3000 - Bloomingdale's Amex $3000 - Walmart Discover $6000 - Chevron-Texaco Visa $3300 - PayPal SC $3200 - Home Depot $5000 - and too many other store cards

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}