Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange problem with paying for SW

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

strange problem with paying for SW

I had the SW free trial, used a certain debit card to register. It was one I won't be using anymore so at the time it only had a few dollars on it. When I decided I wanted to actually keep the service, I called to change my payment information to my main bank account, and was offered the $9.95 per month rate. For the last 2 weeks they were unable to process my payment. Makes no sense. The new debit card info I gave them is perfectly fine and I have plenty of money in my account. It's my regular bank card. After calling twice to ask them what's up with not being billed yet they had to re-enter my card info again. Still never debited from my account, and now I just logged into my account and my service is gone, no more SW. Tells me to pay $14.95 or whatever to continue service. So confused....so I guess I just got another 10 days free of SW and now it's gone.

Oh well, I'm actually gonna let it go. I just got a generous number of new CC's (mostly store) so it might be better for me to not see any of the damage until I start using them and paying them off. I did just sign up for daily pulls from eliminateidtheft.com, so I will just watch my activity on there. Maybe one day down the line I can just pay for a real FICO score and see where I stand at that point.

But, very strange! There is absolutely nothing wrong with my debit card or bank account. Maybe their system just has a hard time updating payment information. Oh well, $10 saved per month. It was fun while it lasted....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: strange problem with paying for SW

Similar struggle with payment issues here (used secure online number/virtual cc)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Sniff-MyFico-kicked-me-out-of-SW-subscriptio...

Did you write to support? Got the answer that they will look into the payment issues and reply in 3-5 business days. Let's hope for an answer next week.

Message 2 of 3
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: strange problem with paying for SW

I haven't written to anyone, I called like 3 times in the last 2 weeks to find out why my card was never charged and they couldn't figure it out. They would just re-enter my information again and thought it would go through. It never did. I'm honestly just gonna let it go for now. Between the eliminateidtheft.com subscription I have now, having to pay off collection accounts to improve my credit, and start using all my new CC's, I'm better off not paying another $10 for something. It is really strange though!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.