Did you mean: 

suspect email?

tag
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

suspect email?

I received an email today from MyFico stating

Dear "My first and last name",

We have been unable to process your monthly payment for your Score Watch® subscription.

To prevent cancellation and continue to enjoy the benefits of this product, please log in within the next 10 days to update your credit card information.

Thank you,

myFICO Customer Care

When you follow the link, it goes to shop.myfico.com and is asking me to put in another credit card number. The url in the address bar looks legit, but, If I go to the MyFico.com web site, I cannot find anything here that says anything about a payment being required. I am a little suspicious about this one, especially since the card I use to pay for this is in good standing. It is not set to expire until the end of the year, it is not anywhere close to being maxed out and I just used it today.

I did try to call the MyFico billing dept, but after sitting on hold for 30 minutes, I gave up and posted here.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ740, EX695
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
marshallmann
Established Member

Re: suspect email?

I am having the same issues i called them and they cant seem to process my payment either still working with them as we speak.

Starting Score: 598
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

I went to log in a couple days ago and sure enough, it said I needed to update my payment preferences. I could not do this online, instead it gave me a number to call. I called during the hours listed and sat on hold for over 45 minutes before giving up.

I guess my money is no good here anymore.

Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

Hmm, still not fixed. I tried to call again today to update my payment method and sat on hold for over 30 minutes. Wow, I cannot believe you have someone who has been a paying customer for years that wants to continue paying, and you will not accept my payment.

That is beyond bad service. That is the first sign of going out of business soon.

Message 4 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

same thing happened to me in February (entered a new Discover SON) and March..here now the explanation to why...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Sniff-MyFico-kicked-me-out-of-SW-subscriptio...

hope you guys are not using virtual online cc numbers because this will kick you out of your membership in no time or before you actually can reach someone on the phone Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 7
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

No virtual number here. Same card I have been using for over 2 years. It is not set to expire for at least another 4 months. It just stopped working for no valid reason that I can find.

Message 6 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

sorry to hear...that is indeed very strange and only shows me that MyFico does have billing problems. In my case I have at least the explanation now from Discover but lost the promo SW subscription today. I simply wait for a yearly promo now and I will sign up again. No more monthly payments as I cannot afford to call from Europe every month and spend more than the monthly subscription fee getting someone on the phone Smiley Sad  which at the end does not know why it got declined.

I wish they would straighten out their billing issues or at least let us subscripe to the yearly promo instead so it would happen only once a year and not on a monthly basis. Well it looks that I am out of SW now...will miss it for the next couple of  months but life goes on without it Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.