Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tricked into signing up for this, now I have to spend time trying to cancel it

tag
wowow
New Visitor

tricked into signing up for this, now I have to spend time trying to cancel it

The only reason I made an account and signed up for any form of service was because an identity quiz generated by equifax on another website involved a question along the lines of "How much was the home loan you took out in Texas" and there was no clear "I did not do that" answer. After I finished the quiz picking the best answers I could, it said that my identity could not be verified. Basically a trusted finanial website was strongly implying to me that someone had stolen my identity and taken out a homeloan in another state.(I answered all the other questions correctly so when it said I failed the quiz the only explanation was that they thought  I really did take out such a home loan)

This got me a little worried, which is why I signed up for this service in order to determine whether loans were being taken out in my name, otherwise I wouldn't have really cared exactly what my credit history or score was. So basically I signed up for this service only to find that no one had stolen my identity and that the equifax identity quiz I had trusted was just tricking me into paying for a credit report.

No in order to cancel this service which I only signed up for after being tricked, I have to call some number that only works when I am at work, and wait on hold to talk to some person to tell them I want them to stop charging my credit card.

Would not recommend this product, especially if equifax is trying to trick you into believing your identity has been stolen and you don't otherwise urgently need a credit report.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: tricked into signing up for this, now I have to spend time trying to cancel it

It sounds to me like your issue is with Equifax.   If they couldn't verify your identity online then it probably would have been better to contact them and work through the issue rather than choosing to sign up for MyFICO Scorewatch.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: tricked into signing up for this, now I have to spend time trying to cancel it

I don't understand what this has to do with pulling your scores here?  The issue is with EQ....

Message 3 of 4
tinom1234
New Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

I don't understand what this has to do with pulling your scores here?  The issue is with EQ....

+1

EX 758 | EQ 721 | TU 768
Goal: 760+ across the board by May 2015
Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX $32.8K | Citi Thank You Preferred $7K | Discover It $8.2K | Chase $3K + a few store cards
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.