Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unauthorized release of credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

unauthorized release of credit report

I have a question that I was hoping someone could answer. I tried to obtain my transunion and equifax credit reports through Myfico. In the past I have not been able to since I placed a security freeze on all 3 reports. Today, I still couldn't obtain Transunion report because of the security freeze but was able to get my Equifax. My question is what can be done about Equifax allowing Myfico to obtain my credit report without me removing the freeze for Myfico to do so.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: unauthorized release of credit report

Are freezes supposed to block all inquiries or just lender initiated inquiries?  Maybe since yours was a consumer initiated inquiry it was allowed and it could just be hit or miss with those.  But I don't really know.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: unauthorized release of credit report

The lady at Myfico told me that with the security freeze, that myfico shouldn't have been able to get my report. That's why I wasn't able to purchase transunion. Security freezes only allow purchase through the bureaus themselves or affiliates.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.