iamrayl
Regular Contributor

?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Re: Charge off coded as R/F ???

I am having the same exact problem with myFico Equifax reporting as R/F on a credit card.  Actually, I have had this going on since February 2008.    This reporting glitch is making it appear that I have a 2 month old late payment on a 2001 Capital One Credit Card Chargeoff that is supposed to fall off in December 2008.

And No, it is not reporting that way on my Equifax direct report.  I received a reply and a new report from Equifax stating that the account is not reporting as a reposession/foreclosure and it definitely is not on it.  In other words, Capital One is not reporting it that way.  (So it is only in the myFico system).

This same reporting glitch happened last year about the same time.   It took almost 6 months to get corrected.  Score dropped 50ish points, gained them back when it was corrected. 

I am at my wits end on this.  It has my score well below the other CRA's.  I just feel like giving up on trying to battle this. 
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 2 of 9
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

knkjnn

Message 3 of 9
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

Re:

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

iamrayl and teamfico,

First, let me assure you that this is a display error only; meaning your FICO score is correct. In fact, your score is calculated at Equifax and then send to myFICO. The discrepancy you are seeing is a known display issue and we are working to resolve it. It does not, however, have any bearing on your FICO score - just how we are displaying the information we get from Equifax.

I realize that this type of thing can be frustrating, especially since our customer service agents can't do anything about it. Sorry, for the headache and I hope i've assured you that your score is not being affected by this reporting error.
Message 5 of 9
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, but the score is being affected.  Not only did you change it to RF/Foreclosure but at the same time, your reporting glitch also inserted fictitious recent late payments 2 or 3 months ago on a 2001 Chargeoff.  

This does affect the score.

I received a denial from PenFed for an auto loan just for this.  Reason for Denial "Recent missed payments". 

I have no late payments and have not been late since well over 5 years ago.

Message 6 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

teamfico wrote:
Sorry, but the score is being affected.  Not only did you change it to RF/Foreclosure but at the same time, your reporting glitch also inserted fictitious recent late payments 2 or 3 months ago on a 2001 Chargeoff.  

This does affect the score.

I received a denial from PenFed for an auto loan just for this.  Reason for Denial "Recent missed payments". 

I have no late payments and have not been late since well over 5 years ago.

I know it gets confusing as to who does what in this process, but once again, the scoring does take place at the bureau, not at Fair Isaac where the report you receive from myFICO is formatted.  The score and report data are provided to Fair Isaac by the bureau when you order from myFICO.
Any reporting error that would affect your score would have to be a reporting error at the bureau -- not at myFICO.  My suggestion, in light of being denied by PenFed, would be to get a free credit report from the bureau they used to make their decision -- you're entitled to this by law after having been denied -- and check it for errors.
Message 7 of 9
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Dear Barry;

I have gotten my report from the "Bureau" and it is NOT reporting like myFico is reporting.  I disputed the lates and the Reposession/Foreclosure with Equifax as myfico said to do.

In fact,  after Equifax's investigation with Capital One, they write back (and it also shows on their report that I received) that they are not reporting any lates after 2001 and it not reporting as Reposession or Foreclosure. 

MyFico is reporting lates in 2008 along with the Reposession Foreclosure status. 

When you review my last myFico Equifax report that I pulled after I received the results back from Equifax's investigation you will see the 2008 lates being reported in addition to the Reposession Foreclosure status.

Message 8 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

teamfico wrote:
Dear Barry;

I have gotten my report from the "Bureau" and it is NOT reporting like myFico is reporting.  I disputed the lates and the Reposession/Foreclosure with Equifax as myfico said to do.

In fact,  after Equifax's investigation with Capital One, they write back (and it also shows on their report that I received) that they are not reporting any lates after 2001 and it not reporting as Reposession or Foreclosure. 

MyFico is reporting lates in 2008 along with the Reposession Foreclosure status. 

When you review my last myFico Equifax report that I pulled after I received the results back from Equifax's investigation you will see the 2008 lates being reported in addition to the Reposession Foreclosure status.

Hi Teamfico --

We have already admitted that the report you received contains a known report display error -- and we apologize for that.  And as I'm sure you're aware, we have provided you with additional reports and scores at no charge to help you research this problem.

What I was saying in my last post is that the erroneous lates you're seeing on the myFICO version of your EFX report are not affecting your EFX FICO score as long as your EFX report is correct -- which you state it is.

Let me our our customer service folks know if this is still not clear.

Barry
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.