Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats wrong with scorewatch????

tag
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

whats wrong with scorewatch????

So originally I was very happy with scorewatch, but over the past month I have gotten no score alerts. I had a score change (decrease) that scorewatch did not catch, but when I pulled my credit using a score power report I was able to see the new lower score. Then I paid off 2 accounts and charged on an account that had a 0 balance for over 4months and still no scorewatch alert. I just received an email telling me that there is no change in my score since my last scorewatch alert, WHICH IS NOT TRUE, since my score is now currently lower than the last time the scorewacth alerted me.

**I must note that I have the settings to alert me if my account balances change by $1.00 or if my score changes from the current score or if an inactive account reports activity. 

Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: whats wrong with scorewatch????

I am noticing the same thing. I have my settings to alert me whenever I go over 600. The last score pulled for me was January 13th and was 600. From reading help files, this should alert me if my score goes above or below that magic number. I pulled a report though EQ directly and my FICO score with them shows 617 a week ago. This tells me that either myFICO is broken right now or they no longer "monitor" your credit. I should have recieved an alert telling me that i jumped 17 points. As soon as my 3 months are up here, I am going to shut my account down. There are no other sites that monitor your FICO score, however it does not see like myFICO monitors your score.
Message 2 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Sunsand wrote:
I am noticing the same thing. I have my settings to alert me whenever I go over 600. The last score pulled for me was January 13th and was 600. From reading help files, this should alert me if my score goes above or below that magic number. I pulled a report though EQ directly and my FICO score with them shows 617 a week ago. This tells me that either myFICO is broken right now or they no longer "monitor" your credit. I should have recieved an alert telling me that i jumped 17 points. As soon as my 3 months are up here, I am going to shut my account down. There are no other sites that monitor your FICO score, however it does not see like myFICO monitors your score.
Sorry for the late reply, Sunsand. Not sure why you weren't alerted when your score exceeded 600, but it looks like you just received an alert yesterday with some good news. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

msdraglox wrote:

So originally I was very happy with scorewatch, but over the past month I have gotten no score alerts. I had a score change (decrease) that scorewatch did not catch, but when I pulled my credit using a score power report I was able to see the new lower score. Then I paid off 2 accounts and charged on an account that had a 0 balance for over 4months and still no scorewatch alert. I just received an email telling me that there is no change in my score since my last scorewatch alert, WHICH IS NOT TRUE, since my score is now currently lower than the last time the scorewacth alerted me.

**I must note that I have the settings to alert me if my account balances change by $1.00 or if my score changes from the current score or if an inactive account reports activity. 

There were some problems with SW sending out alerts recently where it was telling subscribers that there was no change in their score. These are not normal alerts and they have stopped. It looks like you received a score change alert yesterday, however. We've added a free score to your subscription.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.