Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 More Payment!!!

tag
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

1 More Payment!!!

I just made the penultimate payment for this auto loan. The vehicle was bought in August 2017 with an APR of over 12% then refinanced a year ago. What an ordeal. The things we must go through to make things whole again. I can't wait to send the last payment then to be free of these shackles.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: 1 More Payment!!!

Here's an early congratulations on being debt free from the auto loan.

Message 2 of 9
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Here's an early congratulations on being debt free from the auto loan.

Thank you AllZero. Next payment won't be due until January 22nd so I have time. I know my score may take a bit of a hit once I make that payment, but at least the original loan will be on my record for another 6 years and this one for another 7 years. I think. Couple that with  3 HP's that will mark their 1 year anniversary at the end of February and another one at the end of April, things don't look too bad. 

Message 3 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@joeyv1985 wrote:

I just made the penultimate payment for this auto loan. The vehicle was bought in August 2017 with an APR of over 12% then refinanced a year ago. What an ordeal. The things we must go through to make things whole again. I can't wait to send the last payment then to be free of these shackles.

Early Congrats! ...It will be an Amazing feeling to have NO car paymentSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@joeyv1985 wrote:

Early Congrats! ...It will be an Amazing feeling to have NO car paymentSmiley Happy

Thank you @M_Smart007 . It feels like taking a knee to close a football game out. 

Message 5 of 9
ccquest
Established Contributor

Congratulations! I'd almost be tempted to send that check off before the new year comes just to really ride fresh into 2021 without any auto loan.

I've got 26 payments left on mine (72 months, 0%) and even though I'm not paying interest, it'll be tempting to clear it out to end 2022.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 6 of 9
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@ccquest wrote:
Congratulations! I'd almost be tempted to send that check off before the new year comes just to really ride fresh into 2021 without any auto loan.

I've got 26 payments left on mine (72 months, 0%) and even though I'm not paying interest, it'll be tempting to clear it out to end 2022.

It feels good to be in control, doesn't it? Prior to this can loan, which I took out in August of 2017, the last car loan I had was back in 1992. I moved to the big city and worked downtown, so I didn't need one. I finally got a car in 2002, however, I paid cash for it. My Fico Score plateaued because I didn't have any installment loans. Oh well. It was nice saving $ and seeing the look on the face of people at the dealership when I paid cash for a vehicle. 

Message 7 of 9
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Enjoy that paid for ride Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

Enjoy that paid for ride Smiley Happy

Thank you

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.