Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1ST TIME CAR BUYER!!! Current FICO score 656 paying off credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1ST TIME CAR BUYER!!! Current FICO score 656 paying off credit card

My current FICO score is 656 and I will have my credit card paid off in a week. I am planning on buying a car the begining of September. [1st time car buyer]How long will it take for my credit score to rise. Can I submit documents so that it will change faster?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 1ST TIME CAR BUYER!!! Current FICO score 656 paying off credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

My current FICO score is 656 and I will have my credit card paid off in a week. I am planning on buying a car the begining of September. [1st time car buyer]How long will it take for my credit score to rise. Can I submit documents so that it will change faster?

Welcome!

What else do you have reporting aside from the CC? How long has that CC been open? Besides paying down this one CC, do you have others to pay down?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That CC is the only one i have reporting. Its been open for 5 years. This CC is the only one that I have. I had two late payments 4 years ago on this credit card while in college. That's why my score is low and because I dont have credit history besides that cc.

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome!

What else do you have reporting aside from the CC? How long has that CC been open? Besides paying down this one CC, do you have others to pay down?

Message 3 of 5
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

What CC is it that you have? Have you tried writing GW letters to that company to see if they can remove those late marks?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:
What CC is it that you have? Have you tried writing GW letters to that company to see if they can remove those late marks?

bank of america....no i havent tried writing the company to see about removing marks...I will do that! They actually were working with me alot becauseI was in college and I wasnt working. They closed my account and didn't make me pay interest. So I write who? Ill make my last payment next week.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.